EMC EngineerRef MAX7684 Job Posted 30/08/2016 Region Hong Kong Location Kowloon Salary 40-60K Salary Band £30,000 to £59,999 TypePermanent Consultant Richard Poulter
One of the world's leading transport and infrastructure construction companies is seeking an experienced EMC Engineer to join their operations in Hong Kong.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced electromagnetic capability (EMC) Engineer to work for a leading international transport construction company in Hong Kong. You will be working on supporting existing contracts and tender activities for Rail/E&M related projects.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Build the EMC Control Plan through the contract requirements capture.
- Define the necessary factory compliance tests to be performed as well as the necessary in situ assessment, in order to close out all identified hazards.
- Define the earthing, bonding, cabling, and filtering policies, both for onboard equipment and trackside equipment.
- Ensure that each defined rule is closely followed throughout the installation phases of the project.
- Define the constraints to be applied to the other subsystems (i.e. non-signalling) in order to reduce their external emission of noise (EMI) and protect the signalling equipment.
- Identify all potential sources of interference and ensure that there is sufficient margin before malfunction / failure or alternatively provide mitigation actions in order to reduce the risks to an acceptable level.
- If necessary, complete the Project EMC Control Plan by on site EMC testing campaigns in order to demonstrate good practices or to solve identified problems related to equipment installation, cabling and grounding rules.
- At the end of the Project, provide an overall EMC Synthesis document for submission which demonstrates that all risks have been mitigated and that the signalling system is electromagnetically compliant with its environment.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Good understanding on EMC (Electromagnetic Compatibility) tests
- Task-oriented and team player
- Degree holder in Electrical / Mechanical Engineering or related engineering discipline
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The successful candidate will be joining a world leader in transport infrastructure projects. You will benefit from excellent career development opportunities and the chance to work on exciting new projects in Hong Kong. Full benefits and package details available to short-listed candidates
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
- Competitive Salary
- Yearly bonus scheme
- Regular pay reviews
- Medical scheme
- In-house training and development
Apply for this job
Richard Poulter is our specialist consultant managing this position
- +852 5444 0094 (Office hours 9am to 6pm - Hong Kong Time Monday to Friday)
- Connect with Richard Poulter on LinkedIn
- Senior Engineering and Management Roles Across Asia & the Middle East
Apply for this job Directly with Maxim
Recommend this job to a friend
Send the details of this job to someone you think might be suitable.Recommend a friend