+852 2187 3232
£30,000 to £59,999
Quantity Surveyor Vacancy Summary There are a number of challenging Quantity Surveyor jobs vacant with a leading employer in Dubai. These Quantity Surveying roles involve work on both major building and civil engineering projects in Dubai performing both pre & post contract duties. They are one of the largest Quantity Surveying Consultants in Dubai, and offer excellent remuneration & career progression for the most able Quantity Surveyors.
Dubai Construction Project Portfolio
The employer has an enviable portfolio of work in Dubai, and is working on both publicised and confidential projects in Dubai for developers, contractors, private clients and the governments of Dubai and Sharjah. These include works on a number of major Middle East airports and prestigious works on all of the Palm Islands. The Scope of works on Dubai Projects The scope of works with clients varies, but typically includes pre-contract or post-contract works comprising responsibility for tender evaluation, cost planning, estimating & procurement advice, cost control/cost management & commercial management advice.
Quantity Surveying Duties
Your duties as a Quantity Surveyor will vary according to specific project requirements, but are likely to include a combination of:
- Preparation of cost plans
- Tender evaluation & assessment
- Preparation of recommendations for award of contractor packages
- Preparing and presenting cash flow & cost management advice to clients
- Interpreting and offering advice on contract
- Ensuring contractual notices and client entitlements are properly administered
- Preparation of contractor’s payment recommendations
- Measuring & valuing variations
- Agreement of final accounts
- Management of other members of staff, both Quantity Surveyors and Measurement Technicians
The Employer’s Quantity Surveying Reporting Structure
The reporting structure will be project specific, but as a guide, the Quantity Surveyor role will report to the Senior/Project Quantity Surveyor responsible for the section of works in question. QS Team Leaders will manage Senior/Project Quantity Surveyors on larger projects, who then report to the senior management team.
Quantity Surveying Skills & Experience Required
- A Degree in Quantity Surveying or equivalent from a UK or internationally recognized university is essential Achievement of, or your progression towards MRICS, MInstCES or MCIOB or equivalent qualification is highly desirable
- Demonstrable experience on your CV of your ability to perform unassisted a number of the quantity surveying duties listed above
- Experience of a QS role on £10M+ projects in the UK or larger is desirable to assist swift integration into the massive projects & associated methods of working in Dubai
- IT proficient with extensive exposure to spreadsheets and QS specific software
The employer is a dynamic quantity surveying/commercial management/cost consultancy that has been established in Dubai for over 20 years, and offers an unrivalled service to their repeat clients. They currently employ around 160 staff in Dubai, UAE. With a burgeoning forward order book, and substantial growth planned, they offer an excellent prospect to QS/Quantity Surveyors at all levels to progress their careers quickly through promotion based on merit.
To attract and retain their quantity surveyor staff in a very buoyant Dubai construction market, they offer their QS the following:
- Generous salary agreed in UK£, & paid in UAE Dirhams at the current rate of exchange
- Furnished accommodation with parking
- All utilities are provided and paid for by the company.
- Fully expensed car is provided for business & personal use
- Mobilization & demobilization flights are provided
- Two return flights a year are offered for single status QS employees, 1 return flight a year for married status staff & family
- A discretionary bonus is given annually in addition to the gratuity required by Dubai Labour Law.
The Working Week & Holiday Entitlements
- 45 Hour working week Hours typically 7am to 4.30pm
- Weekend days off are Friday & Saturday
- 30 days paid holiday a year All recognised local holidays in addition
How To Progress Your Interest in Working for them as a Quantity Surveyor Forward your CV using the apply button below. Please provide a supporting statement as to why you regard yourself as suitable for the role, and explain your interest in working in Dubai at this time. Please also indicate if appropriate your salary & package with your current employer Please provide a daytime contact telephone number & indicate availability for interview Short listed applicants are likely to be contacted within 48 hours for initial interview.
Interested in this job? Please apply for the job from our website for maximum efficieny, or call the consultant listed at the top of the page directly.