Responsibilities and Duties
You will play an integral role in the development of new clients and business whilst maintaining the management of key commercial staff in the cost and claims management fields.
Job Duties include (not limited to):
- Managing the commercial team in the office that specialise in cost management services and also claims and dispute services
- Ensuring the full cost management service is applied efficiently to clients from both yourself and your commercial team
- Taking a lead role in interfacing with the client and other consultants, at all project stages
- Develop Strong relationships are developed with clients and members of the cross-functional team.
- Manage the delivery of team outputs in accordance with agreed time-scales and quality standards.
- To gain more clients through strong business development skills.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Strong background in Quantity Surveying and Cost Management services, preferably for a consultancy
- Shown experience of construction claims is preferred
- Experience of working in the UK construction market
- Member or Fellow of RICS (or similar construction profession) is desired
- Relevant construction degree or equivalent is strongly preferred
- Legal qualifications preferred
Employing Company Overview and Profile
You will join a chartered specialist professional consultancy that provides cost management and dispute resolution services to a variety of clients, predominantly in the rail sector. The company is a subsidiary of an international chartered consultancy practice and forms the claims and dispute resolution arm in the Midlands, covering a UK basis.