Associate Quantum Disputes ConsultantRef MAX8988 Consultant Stuart Hackett Region London Location Central London Salary To £65k + annual bonus Salary Band £60,000 to £149,999 TypePermanent Job Posted 18/01/2021 Status Active: Maxim working on candidate shortlist
A specialist construction expert witness consultancy based in central London is searching for a bright, chartered Quantity Surveyor to support the lead testifying expert with quantum analysis on disputes that are preparing for arbitration and litigation.
The successful candidate will need to have a firm grasp of the specialist construction disputes sector and the role of an expert witness, as well as being dedicated to progressing a long term career in the construction disputes sector.
The client has a small number of highly reputable lead testifying experts that provide quantum and delay related expert witness services in the global construction industry.
This position is to work within the quantum division of the business where you will gain exposure to disputes related work on a global scale. You will carry out quantum analysis (under guidance of the expert) on major projects potentially across all sectors of the industry, which are in dispute and preparing for arbitration or litigation.
Despite projects potentially being located globally, this is an office-based role in London, with no travel required to site.
Responsibilities and Duties
Your primary role will be to support the lead testifying expert in carrying out quantum analysis relating to individual disputes. You will receive clear and concise instructions on what analysis you are to carry out and will be expected to perform this and give detailed results back to the lead expert to include in their expert report on which they will testify upon in court.
Specific day-to-day duties include:
- Taking details of the dispute that can come in the form of an email, a contract, a report, claims documentations, spreadsheets etc. and taking the relevant information from various sources, to arrange in a more structured way for analysis.
- Forensically analyse quantum data related to the dispute, specifically looking for specific irregularities (often instructed by the expert) and look for examples of negligence
- You may be asked to present your findings in report form to the lead expert or another member of the senior management team
- Carry out all such analysis as an independent consultant, free from bias towards either party involved in the dispute
Desired Skills and Experience
- Methodical and high attention to detail in your working practices as well as the ability to be incredibly accurate in your recordings and written work
- Several years of experience working in a Quantity Surveying or similar commercial role within construction, ideally for a reputable company on complex projects
- Excellent report writing skills (i.e. Presentable, NO spelling/punctuation mistakes etc.)
- Highly proficient in the use of MS office packages, especially MS Excel which is used on a daily basis
- Whilst exposure to construction disputes could be advantageous, it is not essential for candidates able to demonstrate a high level of understanding for disputes and the expert witness role and wanting a long term career in this niche sector
- Full professional membership to the RICS or similar equivalent professional body is essential to carry out this role.
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The hiring company is a medium sized, highly reputable expert witness consultancy with multiple industry recognised quantum and delay experts. Due to their reputation within the construction disputes market, they regularly attract work on some of the largest and most complex disputes in the World. This is a fantastic role which would suit any genuinely passionate Quantity Surveyor wanting to start a long-term career working in support of industry leading testifying experts.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
Basic Salary in the region of £50k - £65k
+ Bonus (Up to 30% annual discretionary bonus)
+ Full package of benefits including pension
- Quantum Expert London - Negotiable + Bonus
- Senior Quantum Claims Consultant Sydney, Australia - Negotiable
- Dispute Resolution Quantity Surveyor Lancashire - Negotiable
- Director of Construction Dispute Resolution Vancouver, Canada - CAD$250k+ +Package
- Quantum Expert Witness Chicago, Illinois, USA - Negotiable
Recommend this job to a friend
and get a £500-£1000 cash reward for successful matches.Recommend a friend