Claims Manager Summary
A senior manager with a history in claims related work is required to take up the position of Senior Claims Manager on our clients work on a large Oman based airport project.
You will work on a large airport project based in Muscat, Oman.
Responsibilities and Duties
The Senior Claims Manager role incorporates two main responsibilities:
The first being to manage and expand the hiring company's existing claims team within the airport project by identifying and securing additional business opportunities.
The second being to assist the client in identifying potential risks to the project and put in place mechanisms/procedures to minimise the client’s exposure in this respect.
Specific duties include:
- Providing detailed claims reviews and analysis on behalf of Clients;
- Compiling and submitting EOT claims (including quantum) on both large and small projects;
- Providing contractual advisory services;
- Providing assistance with gathering of evidence for the purpose of claims analysis, submittals and rebuttals;
- Providing claims submission and rebuttal letters and general contractual correspondence letters;
- Producing and submitting reports as necessary;
- Providing support to Client’s in presenting the Client’s position with respect to claims to third parties as required;
- Drafting good quality contractual narrative’s
Desired Skills and Experience
- A proven track record of working on a considerable number of projects (or mega projects) relating to; Airports, Infrastructure, Roads / Highways or Commercial / Industrial Buildings is desired
- A proven track record of working at a senior level on construction / engineering claims work
- Excellent Team Leadership skills will be essential
- Working knowledge of FIDIC contracts is desired
- Experience of Oman Standard Form of Contract would be advantageous but not essential
- A Degree Qualification or similar equivalent in a relevant subject is essential (e.g. Quantity Surveying);
- LLM in Construction Law or similar equivalent would be advantageous
- Membership of; RICS, ICES, CIArb, CIOB etc. (or any one thereof) would be advantageous;
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The hiring company is a leading global consultancy specialising in claims & dispute resolution work.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
6,000 - 6,500 OR's p/m + Private Medical