Commercial ManagerRef MAX8805 Job Posted 23/10/2019 Region Other Asia Location Manila, Philippines Salary USD13K - USD17K / month Salary Band £60,000 to £149,999 TypePermanent Consultant Richard Poulter
Are you a shrewd and commercially aware QS lead experienced in developing and managing QS teams which are capable of administering multiple high value contracts?
You will be based in the JV project office in Manila.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Supervise and manage a project team of quantity surveyors for the contract management of the project.
- Assist the Project Director with contract management reporting for the project.
- Manage contract management strategy.
- Analyse terms and conditions of various contracts addressing obligations, ambiguities and conflicts, deviations between parties; and provide contractual advice
- Provide commercial advice to the project team.
- Manage contract team for submission of interim payment applications, valuation of variations, etc.
- Manage project documentation.
- Draft contract documents, subcontract agreements, etc., and prepare necessary commercial reports.
- Assist in commercial negotiations with consultants, subcontractors and suppliers.
- Assist in monitoring of performance of subcontractors, programme, quality, cost control, payments, and claims.
- Identify risk and develop strategies for mitigating actions
- Oversee the reporting on the project financial position including monthly cost value reconciliations and project forecasting.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Minimum 10 years experience with contractors on large civil engineering projects, preferably with tunneling and metro subway works.
- Relevant working experience in Asia.
- Track record of post-contract roles, including contract administration and contacts management. through to final account.
- Working knowledge of international procurement methods (Design, D&B).
- Working experience of international conditions of contracts.
- Preparation of subcontracts, consultancy agreements, and tender/contract documentation.
- Proactive and logical thinker and team leader within a multi-lingual project team with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Implementation of commercial and contractual management systems required to ensure compliance with obligations.
- Ability to lead and motivate a team of Quantity Surveyors.
- Fluent in spoken and written English.
- Basic computing skills including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Demonstrable administrative and organizational skills.
- Degree or Diploma in Civil Engineering/Building/Quantity Surveying.
Employing Company Overview and Profile
A major international joint venture consortium embarking on a 1Bln USD rail project in Manila,Philippines.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
An attractive salary package is available for outstanding candidates
Recommend this job to a friend
and get a £500-£1000 cash reward for successful matches.Recommend a friend