A Delay Analyst role exists for a construction planner with strong exposure to delay analysis. The position is to work within a specialist claims and disputes consultancy based in central London.
The successful candidate will be an experienced planner who has operated either in a specialist delay analyst role for a number of years, or a planning role which has been heavily biased towards delay analysis.
You will work in a central role within the business, based out of London but providing planning and delay analysis support to multiple offices within the business.
To be successful in this role you will need to be a very strong planner with an expert knowledge of delay and disruption analysis.
Whilst working for this claims and disputes consultancy, you will be assigned to projects to provide consultancy services to main contractors, sub-contractors and client organisations.
As a consultancy, the hiring company typically provides consultancy services which relate to delay and disruption. However, on occasions candidates may be required to carry out a more traditional planning tasks.
The hiring company provide services to clients working on projects across all sectors of the construction and engineering industry; however, there is a strong bias towards civils and infrastructure within their current portfolio of work.
Responsibilities and Duties
This Planning and Delay Analyst role is a critical role within the business. You will report to the Director of the London office of this employer, whilst also working closely with the Director of the Northern office to provide support on projects being managed out of that office where necessary.
Duties will include:
- Tender planning
- Live project planning
- Contentious and Non-contentious planning
- Delay Analysis
- Managing formal disputes such as adjudications
- Value management
- Detail design
- Problem solving / co-ordination
- Reporting to clients
Desired Skills and Experience
- Candidates must have a proven ability to carry out a range of delay analysis techniques
- Candidates must have experience of working on civils and infrastructure projects
- Excellent communicating skills
- Good written and technical skills to work directly for client
- Solid understanding of all stages of the construction process
- Ability to travel throughout UK, some international travel may also be required on rare occasions
- Knowledge of Delay and Disruption Analysis and the Society of Construction Law Delay and Disruption protocol
- Ability to use some or all of the following software: Primavera, Asta Powerproject, MS Project
- All candidates must be educated to Degree level or similar equivalent.
- It is desired that candidates also hold a higher education qualification such as an MSc or LLM in Construction Law
- Membership of a relevant professional body would be advantageous
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The hiring company is a specialist claims and disputes consultancy with a prestigious client base of tier one main contractors, regional contractors, specialist sub-contractors and client organisations.
They operate nationally, as well as having some exposure to international projects. Much of your work can be carried out remotely in the hiring company’s central London office despite project locations. However, on occasions it may be necessary to attend meeting at site or the client’s offices. Therefore, candidates need to be prepared to travel when required.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
Salary: £55k - £75k (DOE)
+ 25 days holiday
+ Private Medical