Design Manager Rail TransitRef MAX8604 Job Posted 04/06/2019 Region Canada Location Toronto/Vancouver, Canada Salary CAD 125K- 175K Salary Band £60,000 to £149,999 TypePermanent Consultant Richard Poulter
Our client, a well respected global engineering and project management group is seeking to appoint high calibre, experieinced and forward thinking Rail and Transit Design Managers for their businesses across Canada and North America.
Responsibilities and Duties
- The roles might include that of Railway Project Engineer, Designer, Design Manager, Project Manager, and Technical Advisor.
- Assist in the identification and winning of rail/transit projects across Canada and North America.
- Assisting with the development of the annual business plan for the Rail Group.
- Developing alternative delivery project proposals including design / build, P3 including RFQ, RFP, alternative technical concept, negotiating agreements and execution of project designs.
- Securing support positions on project teams to provide Rail/Transit services in other business centers and Regions
- Identifying and developing existing and future technical resources and career development opportunities for staff within the Rail group.
- Encouraging cooperation, sharing of skills and workload between projects and Rail staff located across the business.
- Leading improvements in QA/QC processes and fostering a culture of being cost effective, efficient, and thorough in delivering projects.
Whilst working on specific projects you will be heavily involved with:
- Conducting schematic design development and contract document work sessions at project sites in conjunction with Project staff, appropriate technical professionals, and other disciplines.
- Leading final design project teams for transit and rail projects, including engineer or architect of record responsibility.
- Reporting on the status and expediting resolution of project action items and design/construction issues
- Coordination with required external agencies
- Preparation of project updates, presentations and recommendations, review and development of progress and status reports
- Scheduling coordination and attendance of all progress meetings
Desired Skills and Experience
- Preferably 10-15 years’ experience in railway track engineering
- A strong technical understanding of track alignment and track form design for standard trackwork, special trackwork, ballasted and non-ballasted track and associated grading and drainage
- Experience with grading, drainage, and track alignment design for mainlines, sidings, industrial yards and spur tracks, intermodal and transload facilities, subway, commuter and light rail transit
- Ability to complete conceptual plans, preliminary & detailed designs and cost estimating.
- Track construction, staging and phasing experience an asset.
- Local Transit and Heavy Rail project experience an asset.
- Design Build Experience preferred.
- Preferred Software experience - AutoCad, MicroStation, Civil 3D, In Roads, In Rail,MX Rail, Bentley Rail Track, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Familiarity with AREMA, Class 1 Railroad and Light Rail Transit design and construction requirements.
- Bachelor Degree from an accredited University engineering program, or equivalent
- Registered Professional Engineer P.E. or equivalent with the aptitude to obtain locally recognised PE.
Employing Company Overview and Profile
A global design, engineering, program & project management group with a diverse portfolio of clients and an aggressive expansion plan invites suitably qualified and energetic individuals with rail transit design experience to join their business in one of multiple centres across Canada and North America.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
- A very attractive salary and comprehensive relocation benefits are available for the successful candidate
Recommend this job to a friend
and get a £500-£1000 cash reward for successful matches.Recommend a friend