EstimatorRef MAX8441 Job Posted 05/09/2018 Region Midlands and East Anglia Location Birmingham Salary £35k - £50k + Benefits Salary Band Up to £59,999 TypePermanent Consultant Stuart Hackett
The civils and infrastructure division of a national main contractor is looking to hire an Estimator to work out of their newly opened central Birmingham office.
The successful candidate will ideally have experience of using common Estimating software such as CCS Candy or Causeway. You will work for a reputable main contractor ranked in the top 50 within the UK (based on turnover) and be heavily involved in a strong pre-contract team currently targeting work in and around the Birmingham area, including work on HS2.
Working within the civils and infrastructure division of this large main contractor, you will specialise in relevant projects within these sectors. This may include individual schemes or framework agreements within the following sectors:
- Bridge and Structures
- Enabling works
- RC Frame
Responsibilities and Duties
This successful Estimator report to the Civils Estimating Director and work on preparing estimates and managing bid proposals for work within the civils and infrastructure division of the business. Typical duties may include:
- Preparation of detailed cost estimates by analysing plans and specifications along with all technical information and performing quantity take offs.
- Qualifying and analysing subcontractor proposals and quotations.
- Keeping track of project costs, to ensure these do not exceed forecasts.
- Itemising trade specific scopes and preparation of bid packages.
- Building up rates from first principles.
- Utilising on screen take off and estimating software.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Candidates must have previous experience of working in a specific Estimating role or a similar role such as Quantity Surveying where you were heavily involved in Estimating for a sustained period of time
- The ability to use common Estimating software such as CCS Candy or Causeway
- Must have experience working for a similar sized contractor on large scale civils / infrastructure
- Candidates should hold a relevant formal qualification such as a BSc or HND
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The hiring company is a top 50 UK main contractor operating nationally across all sectors of construction. They are a highly reputable main contractor who have regional offices than span the length and breadth of the UK. They have also been included in the Times ‘Top 100 Companies to work for’. The Birmingham office of the business is key to their growth plans as they strategically position themselves within Birmingham where we expect an spike in construction work in the foreseeable future.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
£35K - £50K (Depending on Experience)
+ Car / Car allowance
+ Other benefits
Recommend this job to a friend
and get a £500-£1000 cash reward for successful matches.Recommend a friend