Facade ManagerRef MAX7598 Job Posted 03/06/2016 Region Dubai Location Dubai Salary Neogtiable Salary Band £60,000 to £149,999 TypePermanent Consultant Richard Poulter
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a competent and resourceful Façade Manager to join a dynamic team on major & iconic projects in Dubai and the region.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Review and comment of design drawings, coordinate and resolve issues.
- Chair and manage respective project meetings.
- Co-ordinates, leads/supervises and monitors the Project Controls activities of Consultants, Contractors and other involved parties.
- Manage the interface for Project Controls activities to all required Departments involved in the project (e.g. Engineering, Finance, Procurement) and to the local and international Architect/Engineers and Construction Contractors (as applicable).
- Manage planning of staff that may report to you.
- Responsible for performance of “what-if”-analysis and preparation of corrective action regarding the scheduled program when required.
- Develops implements and executes Change Management.
- Incorporates the changes to the scope and schedule and to the reporting.
- Provides input to the project reports including Project Monthly Reports, Quarterly Report and the Project Completion Report.
- Execution of Project Controls, Programme and Risk Management Process for Dubai Projects.
- To support in the preparation of Company fee proposals
- To carry out business development activities and support the Company in identification of potential leads and Clients.
- Assist in setting and monitoring against business targets.
- To monitor time allocations / utilisations against fee proposals and provide reports to management weekly or monthly, as directed.
- Continuously monitor the practicability and the benefit of the Project Controls process and tools and suggest improvements
- Ensures that the Project Controls Process is carried out in accordance with the Client Procedures [Project Controls] and the Project related Project Management Plan.
- Implements project controls procedures and systems, project controls training and (kick-off) workshops for project management team and/ or contractor.
- Reviews technical bids as member of the bid review team.
- Establishes and maintains WBS (Work breakdown Structure), project master schedule
- Implements schedule and progress control.
- Understanding and comprehension of local and statutory building codes.
- Ensure that the Contractors’ Project Controls Systems are capable of meeting Client requirements as outlined in the Job Specifications and Execution Procedures and ensure that schedule control techniques and tools are adequately and properly implemented.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Have a clear understanding of large scale projects and associated management.
- Experience in managing construction projects specifically reference to the Building Facade/Curtainwall.
- Experience in managerial position.
- Good Computer Skills in AutoCAD, MS Office, MS Project and other related software.
- Have an understanding of Facade Design, Construction and Structural Building interfaces.
- Good command of written and spoken in English is a must.
- Degree or Diploma in Architecture, Construction or Structural Engineering or equivalent.
Employing Company Overview and Profile
Our client is a blue chip company with projects worldwide. They have an international reputation and esteemed heavy structural steel building expertise
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
Attractive remuneration is on offer for the right candidate.
Recommend this job to a friend
and get a £500-£1000 cash reward for successful matches.Recommend a friend