Forensic Planner or Delay Analyst
Responsibilities and Duties
- To assist with dispute resolution and claims planning matters on multiple projects, including construction scheduling, delay and disruption analysis.
- Project based tasks to include fact-finding to detailed analysis, quantification of delay and damages, economic modeling, and strategy formation.
- Demonstration of critical paths & consequent disruption etc.
- Development of the master and construction schedules, liaison with works package contractors to ensure all programmes are consistent with the construction schedule.
- Demonstration of entitlement to EoT occurring as a result of delay/ disruption/ loss of efficiency. Production rate analysis and work cycle analysis to demonstrate entitlement to EoT, drafting of claim and negotiation strategy.
- Development of the works baseline programme using Primavera P6.
- Other responsibilities also included defining the notification requirements under the contract for EoT and setting up a standardised system to ensure compliance.
- Preparation in anticipation for the defences to counterclaims and advice regarding retrospective analysis for EOTs, prolongation costs, disruption, programme critiques and delay analysis critiques.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Candidates should possess strong analytical, problem solving, and communication skills
- A solid history in claims planning / scheduling type role is essential
- Strong skills using Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access, as well as scheduling software such as Primavera and Microsoft Project;
- A history of delivering delay analysis commissions including schedule analysis and report writing
- Flexibility & demonstrable creative problem solving skills
- Strong interpersonal skills are required and ability to work as a member of a team
- Excellent written and spoken English skills are essential
- Experience of working in the Middle East region is desirable
- Professional qualifications such as; MSc in Construction Law & Arbitration, MCIArb or similar equivalents is desired but not essential
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The company is a British ran Claims Consultancy based in the UAE and is currently involved on projects in Dubai, Abu Dhabi and Qatar. They are a highly professional business, with a small, dynamic office and work well as a close knit team. The position would suit candidates who would prefer to work in such an environment and have a real impact on the business rather than being just a number with a larger organisation.