Lead Testifying Delay ExpertRef MAX9050 Consultant Stuart Hackett Region London Location Central London Salary Negotiable package + bonus Salary Band £60,000 to £149,999 TypePermanent Job Posted 18/01/2021 Status Live
Delay Expert job vacancy in London with a leading blue chip national and international construction claims and construction industry dispute consultancy.
The team works within the fields of construction claims management within a broader construction dispute resolution division.
Your role will focus within the construction disputes team, which will primarily deal with expert appointments on disputes that are preparing for formal proceedings such as arbitration, litigation and adjudication. You will be expected to generate and lead expert assignments on behalf of clients.
Responsibilities and Duties
The Delay Expert job duties include:
- Managing expert assignments for adjudication, arbitration and litigation as the lead testifying expert
- Generating work through your network of lawyers and solicitors
- Writing the final draft of the expert report
- Testifying and being cross-examined based on your evidence in formal dispute proceedings
- Setting clear and concise instructions for members of the delay team for carrying out Delay analysis
- Development of junior members of the team
- Giving detailed and expert advice to clients on disputes related matters
Desired Skills and Experience
Previous experience required includes:
- Have testified as the lead expert in a formal arbitration or litigation (or similar equivalent) proceedings. Ideally, you will have been cross-examined also.
- Have a strong network of lawyers and solicitors in the UK and potentially overseas also.
- Have demonstrable experience of writing expert reports for disputes
- The ability to manage small teams of internal and external staff effectively
- An expert understanding of different delay analysis methods and techniques
- A Quantity Surveying, Civil Engineering or Cost Management degree or similar equivalent
- MSc Construction Law or similar postgraduate construction law qualification essential
Employing Company Overview and Profile
This employer is a leading blue chip national and international construction claims and construction industry dispute consultancy.
They are a major name in the international construction claims and disputes sector both in the UK and internationally.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
Negotiable Basic Salary
+ Lucrative performance related bonus
+ Benefits package
Recommend this job to a friend
and get a £500-£1000 cash reward for successful matches.Recommend a friend