Manager Training and Competency DevelopmentRef MAX9079 Consultant Richard Poulter Region Hong Kong Location Kowloon Bay, Hong Kong Salary HK$100K - HK$130K/m package Salary Band £60,000 to £149,999 TypePermanent Job Posted 27/01/2021 Status Live: Interviewing now
If you are interested to explore construction jobs abroad, then our client, a highly regarded blue chip global rail business, is seeking to identify and appoint a Manager Training and Competency Development with hands on experience within a multi disciplinary railway or other public utilities project management environment to lead their dedicated projects division learning and development in Hong Kong.
This appointment will be made on a 2-year renewable basis. You will be based in our clients HQ in Kowloon Bay.
Responsibilities and Duties
Reporting to the Divisional General Manager - New Projects with dotted line reporting to General Manager Learning and HR Transformation, you will:
- Develop and manage Projects Division’s approach to resource and competency management so as to maintain and strengthen the Division’s leadership and project management capabilities and technical competence
- Establish and manage a divisional competency register to ensure competency risks are properly identified and appropriate mitigation measures are put into place
- Conduct training gap analyses to understand the training needs of each department under Projects Division and formulate annual training plans and programmes covering technical, project management, general management, leadership and cultural awareness competence
- Work in collaboration with Learning & Development Department and Operations Training Department to recommend appropriate training interventions, optimise utilisation of existing learning resources, identify appropriate internal / external consultants and evaluate learning effectiveness of the initiatives including appropriateness of course content, training providers and delivery methodologies
- Facilitate the effective onboarding / induction of new joiners in Projects Division
- Manage the development of Graduate Engineers in Projects Division, including arranging placements, mentoring, coaching and rotations
- Prepare and manage the divisional training budget, coordinate allocation of training funds, and conduct annual budget review
- Ensure proper records management in accordance with corporate framework and requirements
- Liaise with external parties for example the Government, professioanl bodies or business partners, to identify opportunities for collaboration and mutual recognition and accreditation
Desired Skills and Experience
- A minimum of 10 years’ relevant experience, preferably gained in the construction industry or a similar projectized environment, with 4 years of which in a managerial capacity
- Knowledge of and experience in organising training in project management, soft skills and project related technical skills
- Possess a demonstratable track record in the field of competency management, learning & development, HR, with strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaboratively and to build strong partnerships
- A strong business mindset, effective communication & facilitation skills in both English and Chinese with a high level of cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Degree in a related discipline
- Membership of a recognised professional body or possession of a recognised qualification in management, education, training and development
Employing Company Overview and Profile
Our client , a highly regarded blue chip global rail business with an enviable portfolio of major projects underway within construction and operations, offers international construction jobs and is looking to strengthen its competency development management team.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
Highly attractive salary and package available covering salary, housing, transport, medical and flights.
Recommend this job to a friend
and get a £500-£1000 cash reward for successful matches.Recommend a friend