Planning ManagerRef MAX8225 Job Posted 04/06/2019 Region Macau Location Cotai Strip, Macau Salary Negotiable Salary Band £60,000 to £149,999 TypePermanent Consultant Richard Poulter
An international construction, engineering & project management consultancy is seeking to appoint a high calibre Lead Planner with experience of high grade hotel and hospitality fit out for a mega development in Macau.
You will be based on the project site in Macau and attend regular progress meetings in HQ in Hong Kong.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Function as a main advisory to the Project Manager / Directors in all issues concerning planning, scheduling and resources needed.
- Dealing with progress measurement - delays, corrective actions and claims.
- Manage a small team of planning engineers to develop the base line and master programmes and ensure overall progress of work from pre-construction stage through to completion is efficient.
- Maintain detailed project schedule, work breakdown structure, project and activity coding and resource loading, monitoring the scheduling of project milestones and ensure any potential delays or risks are met with appropriate solutions.
- Prepare timely and accurate reports and schedule plans for project management and effective project control
Identify the different critical paths of the project and any changes affecting them during progress updating and enabling a clear visibility to the areas of concern and delays.
- Provide leadership, support and training, and contribute to career development of junior staff.
Liaise with client, consultants and contractors to review progress of project.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Minimum 10 years relevant experience
- Innovative thinking on technical approaches for building construction
- Using MS project and Primavera (P6) is a must;
- Sound knowledge of safety and environmental management.
- Experienced in construction methodology and sequencing.
- Competent and confident in technical aspects of planning.
- Good communicator, both oral and written English & Chinese.
- Strong Presentation skills and excellent organizational skills.
- Good team player
Degree holder in a relevant engineering discipline is preferred.
Employing Company Overview and Profile
Our client is a major design, construction, engineering and project management business providing innovative, responsible and sustainable solutions to the construction and property industry in Asia and globally. At the core of the group’s success, naturally, is it people and our client strives to create a fun, challenging and performance driven business culture where imagination, skill and high standards are rewarded and its people are constantly challenged to find and follow a better way and aspire to excel!. Career development resources, initiatives and tools are provided each step of the way to achieve these desired outcomes. The group is seeking to appoint the very best talent to help its journey continue to become a major force in Asia and expand alliances across the region. Maxim has been requested to provide recruitment support and invites motivated and imaginative candidates to get in touch and explore this excellent career opportunity.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
Attractive salary package and benefits available to the successful candidate.
- Commercial Manager Exeter - £60k - £68k + benefits
- Senior Commercial Manager Hong Kong Island - Negotiable based on experienced
- Commercial / Contracts Manager Dubai, UAE - Circa 50k AED p/m package + School Fees (if applicable) + Pension
- Senior Commercial Manager (Claims) Dubai, UAE - 60k - 73k AED p/m + Accommodation + Benefits
- Claims Planner Central London - £45k - £50k + package
Recommend this job to a friend
and get a £500-£1000 cash reward for successful matches.Recommend a friend