An exciting opportunity exists for a Quantity Surveyor to join a leading London based fit out and refurbishment Contractor, boasting a prestigious list of clients. The successful candidate will join as Quantity Surveyor with a highly respected refurbishment and fit out contractor that specialises in completing large scale and complex refurbishment projects in the London area. Their projects typically range from £2m - £10m, including work on some of London's most famous addresses.
Quantity Surveyor needed to run 2 concurrent fit out projects, each of around £2m in value. One project is a premium high value fit out of a building in the Piccadilly / Green Park area of Central London. The other is a conversion of retail premises in St James area of Central London to a hotel and its extension with the adding of a 7 storey steel frame structure and its premium fit out.
Company projects will typically be high value complex refurbishment projects based in Central London for premium private clients. Typical value of recent projects has been between £2m - £10m and they boast as prestigious client list which includes the Crown Estate.
Responsibilities and Duties
As Quantity Surveyor for both of these two fit out projects, you will be responsible for post contract Quantity Surveying duties on both these projects. Typical Duties will include:
- Client facing interaction
- Sub contractor management
- Managing payments
- Handling Subcontractor Valuations
- Financial reporting
- Attending site meetings
- Assisting with the production of various reports
- Managing the bespoke or JCT style contract with both the contractor and with subcontractors
Desired Skills and Experience
- Candidates will need to have some post qualification experience as a Quantity Surveyor . If you studied part-time whilst in employment, this would also be acceptable
- Previous experience for a main contractor or sub contractor operation in the refurbishment and / or fit-out sector is preferred.
- Previous experience carrying out post contract duties as an Assistant QS or Quantity Surveyor is essential
- Excellent written and verbal English skills are essential
- A great work ethic and enthusiasm towards developing your career
- Candidates coming from a sub contractor background relating to Structural work, fit-out / interiors / dry-lining or M&E would be of particular interest.
A Degree in Quantity Surveying or similar equivalent qualification is desired but is not essential
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The hiring company is a specialist Refurbishment Contractor based in Central London. They work on high value, complex refurbishment projects in the London area and boast a prestigious list of clients. They can offer candidates the opportunity to work on luxury, high end projects in popular London locations.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
Generous basic salary of £40,000 - £60,000 dependant on experience
+ Healthcare after probation period