Quantity SurveyorRef MAX7495 Job Posted 23/03/2017 Region Midlands and East Anglia Location Nottingham Salary £30k - £45k + Benefits Salary Band Up to £59,999 TypePermanent Consultant Stuart Hackett
A Quantity Surveyor is required to work for a highly reputable regional main contractor based out of their busy Nottingham Office. The successful candidate will join a business established over 100 years ago and work as part of a close commercial team on projects up to £15m in the built environment.
The company perform as a main contractor on projects up to £30m in value across the building and civil engineering sector in the Midlands and South of England. The company currently have a large portfolio of projects in Nottingham, ranging from smaller projects in the £2m range to an £11m project at the University.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Management of Sub-Contractors
- Managing the finances relating to the project(s)
- Forecasting and Report Writing
- Contract Administration / Management
- Recovery of values
- Cost Value Reconciliations
- Mentoring junior members of the commercial team
Desired Skills and Experience
- Previous experience of working for a larger regional contractor or national main contractor is desired
- A CV demonstrating clear and stable career progression as a Quantity Surveyor is desired
- Experience of working as the Project Quantity Surveyor on projects in excess of £2m is desired. Or alternatively working as part of a commercial team managing packages of work in excess of £2m.
- Strong organisation and planning skills
- Excellent level of written and verbal English
- Hold a formal qualification is Quantity Surveying or other relevant subject. A degree is preferred.
Employing Company Overview and Profile
This is a long established family ran regional main contractor with a £80m turnover and growing. They can perform on projects within building and civil engineering sectors and have offices situated all around the Midlands and South of England.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
£30k - £45k (DOE) + Benefits
Recommend this job to a friend
and get a £500-£1000 cash reward for successful matches.Recommend a friend