Rail Senior Project ManagerRef MAX8790 Consultant Steve Thomas Region Canada Location Vancouver, Canada Salary Dependant on Experience Salary Band £60,000 to £149,999 TypePermanent Job Posted 21/10/2019
A Senior Project Manager with rail experience is needed in Vancouver, Canada to join a leading engineering consultancy with a specialist rail capability.
Our client is currently seeking an energetic and enthusiastic Senior Project Manager interested in delivering small to large-scale rail infrastructure engineering projects in a dynamic work environment.
This position would be attractive to those looking for a career in consulting engineering focusing on Civil Engineering in the Infrastructure and Transportation sectors and having a particular interest in rail and railroad engineering. The candidate will direct project team members in the planning, design and construction of freight rail and ports and other transportation infrastructure projects as required.
The role will be challenging, demanding, varied and offer opportunities for career development with the opportunity and challenge to grow the business beyond Canada in support of a rail business across North America.
Responsibilities and Duties
As a Senior Project Manager and leader of a number of accounts, you will be, working as an integral part of the business, with duties including:
- Leading the delivery of ongoing projects and development of new opportunities within rail across Canada, and North America.
- Participate in the review of activities, costs, operations, and forecast data to determine team progress toward stated growth targets, goals and objectives.
Project management and coordination of linear infrastructure engineering projects in rail transportation.
- Planning, organizing, and working with technical groups in the delivery of project requirements.
- Coordinating and interfacing with project team members, clients, technical specialists, subconsultants, and other project stakeholders.
- Mentoring, supporting and development of technical staff.
- Preparation of technical specifications and design reports.
- Providing support to business development and strategic initiatives, including preparation and the leading of proposals.
Desired Skills and Experience
The ideal candidate will have experience in infrastructure and transportation market segments and possess the following skills and experience:
- Around 12 to 15 years of experience in rail and transit projects.
- Experience in a leadership role within an engineering environment.
- Experience in business development activities.
- Experience may include LRT, heavy rail and transit, freight rail and ports/terminal preliminary and final design
- Familiarity with rail transit industry standards, practices, and regulations.
- Ability to deliver projects on-time and budget to the satisfaction of clients.
Experience of working alongside other engineering disciplines within a multi-disciplinary design consultancy.
- Ability to effectively communicate to internal and external stakeholders in a professional manner, both written and verbally.
- Bachelors degree in Civil Engineering
- P.Eng designation or equivalent
- PMP considered an asset.
Employing Company Overview and Profile
A major international building, civil engineering and built environment and project management consultancy.
This employer has pedigree from working on a diverse range of major international projects within the building, aviation, rail and water sectors.
Working with this world class building and civil engineering consulting engineer and project manager employer will allow you to access training and mentorship from world leading engineering experts in their fields and opportunities to work on some of the most exciting projects being designed and under construction supervision around the world.
- Senior Project Manager Aviation Toronto, Canada - Up to CAD$190,000
- Property Project Manager Cranfield, Bedfordshire - £45k - £56k + Package
- Rail Construction Manager Ontario, Canada - Negotiable
- Construction Project Manager Tenders Kowloon, Hong Kong - up to HK$100K
- Senior Project Manager Vancouver - CAD$150k (cGBP£85k) + Package
Recommend this job to a friend
and get a £500-£1000 cash reward for successful matches.Recommend a friend