Safety and Health ManagerRef MAX8105 Job Posted 25/07/2017 Region Hong Kong Location Hong Kong, Kowloon Salary Negotiable Salary Band £60,000 to £149,999 TypePermanent Consultant Richard Poulter
We are on the look-out for a seasoned and qualified Safety & Health Manager for a major infrastructure client in Hong Kong.
Responsibilities and Duties
- You will develop safety management plans and strategies, conduct safety and risk assessment, set up related procedures and facilitate the implementation.
- You will advise on the compliance with safety and health (S&H) legislations and the Corporation’s safety requirements, formulate plans and programmes for the realisation of S&H management systems, review the effectiveness of S&H initiatives and relevant management systems, and conduct inspection for workplaces and work activities.
- You will conduct training to promote safety, health, and hygiene awareness amongst staff and contractors.
- You will monitor safety performance trends and risk profiles, compile operational and occupational safety guidelines, manuals and promotional information, propose improvement actions to management and coordinate related audits.
- You will be the Secretary of the Corporate Health and Hygiene Committee to manage and provide professional advice and services in the establishment of response plans for public health emergencies. Overseas business travel may be required.
Desired Skills and Experience
- At least 6 years' relevant experience.
- You should have a Degree in Safety Management or a related discipline .
- Possession of Corporate Membership of a recognised professional institution
- Qualification of Registered Safety Officer of the Hong Kong Labour Department with prior nursing or medical training are advantages.
- Proficiency in both written and spoken English and Chinese is essential.
Employing Company Overview and Profile
One of the world’s leading transport companies with a vast range of rail projects both underground and over ground. The company is world renowned for creating one of the most efficient transport links. It is currently in the process of expanding its operations through the enhancement of its rail links and is looking for a well experienced Safety & Health Manager to aid in their ambitious plans.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
A very attractive salary package and benefits is available for the successful candidate
Recommend this job to a friend
and get a £500-£1000 cash reward for successful matches.Recommend a friend