Sector Leader - Built EnvironmentRef MAX8328 Job Posted 04/07/2018 Region Hong Kong Location Kowloon, Hong Kong Salary Negotiable Salary Band £60,000 to £149,999 TypePermanent Consultant Richard Poulter
A global engineering, management and development consultancy is seeking to appoint a high calibre Sector Leader - Built Environment to join their leadership team and play a pivotal role in growing a regional team and delivering a regional sector business strategy.
The successful candidate will lead the Built Environment Sector within the Asia business unit, directly reporting to the GM and indirectly to the Regional Built Environment Sector Leader. He / she will be responsible for delivering the Sector Strategy for the Unit.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Lead Sector development and win work to establish the business as the trusted partner of choice for clients in the Sector
- Act as Project Principal on major strategic projects awarded.
- Build senior level Unit and Regional networks with sector clients, partners and competitors
- Nurture and grow a sustainable network of board level client and partner relationships leveraging these for maximum impact for our client.
- Act as an ambassador for the business, articulating and representing the vision and value proposition internally and externally, leading the strategic positioning of the business in its chosen markets
- Support and participate in the execution of the global client development strategy to drive organic growth
- Lead the identification of new client, product, service and proposition opportunities, and the development of differentiated and commercially viable service offerings that enable growth
- Support operational business in enabling the best of our client’s expertise to be delivered in bidding and delivering work, particularly in pursuit of regionally significant opportunities.
- Lead and support key strategic pursuits & bids by contributing insights and leading the engagement of the most senior client and business leaders.
- Develop the Unit sector business plan in alignment with the Global Built Environment Sector Strategy.
- Identify at the strategic level when different operating models are needed for specialty and scale projects.
- Drive improvement in project performance across the Sector
- Drive knowledge sharing, standard solutions and innovation through empowering others
- Own technology development in response to client need
- Recruit strategic hires and facilitate their positioning within the business, and to ensure succession plans are in place across the Sector
- Prioritise investment within the Unit/Sector, including acquisitions, staff hires, market entries and exits etc. at the strategic level
- Facilitate coherent resource planning based on strong knowledge of prospect pipelines
- Promote a vibrant health and safety culture and practice
- Promote the client’s culture both internally and externally
- Promote and be a role model for alignment within the Sector and between Sectors
- Champion the practices operating within the Sector
- Drive improvement of profitability and reduction of working capital by sharing best practices between territories and sectors, and by owning major projects which draw resources from more than one region.
- Support internal business initiatives as necessary in the realms of HR, IT, Finance and other business support areas
Desired Skills and Experience
- Expertise in at least one buildings discipline with familiarity of the full range of building engineering services provided in Hong Kong
- Significant experience working at a senior management level (10 years+)
- Experience leading in a project environment, providing quality technical advisory and judgement. Sound business development and stakeholder management experience.
- Understanding of market dynamics and customer buying behaviours of public and private sector customers in Hong Kong, China and the wider Asia and strategize for growth accordingly
- Good command of spoken and written English and ideally Cantonese, and Mandarin an advantage
- Team leadership: Motivating people to be curious; leading through uncertainty and doubt; creating new value propositions; and casting a compelling vision of the future which motivates and retains great people.
- Self-Leadership: Taking responsibility for one's own behaviour and well-being.
- Professional Excellence: Demonstrating a passion for continual learning. Using, and promoting the use of global network systems. Continually reviewing team capabilities and supporting their continual professional development.
- Communication: Confidently communicating in a way that is understood and is receptive to the opinion and views of others.
- Commercial: Demonstrating commercial agility and being able to identify and mitigate risk.
- Teamwork: Willingly work in cooperation with others.
- Written Skills: The ability to produce clear and logical written communication and presentations in English.
Degree holder in a Building Structures Engineering discipline or Building Services.
Chartered member of relevant institution with strong relevant post-chartered experience
A Registered Professional Engineer with proven experience of successfully engaging with statutory authorities
Employing Company Overview and Profile
Our client is a best in class global engineering, management and development consultancy providing innovative, responsible and sustainable solutions to the construction, engineering and built environment across the globe.
An employee owned business with our teams working across multiple sectors covering amongst others residential and commercial buildings, transport, infrastructure, utilities, environment and project management.
At the core of the group’s success, naturally, is it people and our client strives to create a fun, challenging and performance driven business culture where imagination, skill and high standards are rewarded and its people are constantly challenged to find and follow a better way and aspire to excel.
The group is seeking to appoint the very best talent to help its journey continue to become a major force in Asia and expand alliances across the region. Maxim has been retained to provide recruitment support and invites motivated and imaginative candidates to get in touch and explore this excellent career opportunity.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
Highly competitive salary package and benefits available for the successful candidate including employee share options.
- Senior Civil Engineer - Roads & Drainage Kwun Tong, Kowloon - Negotiable
Recommend this job to a friend
and get a £500-£1000 cash reward for successful matches.Recommend a friend