Senior Commercial Manager - Civil Engineering
Hong Kong Island
Responsibilities and Duties
- To lead the commercial team on a major civil engineering infrastructure project in Hong Kong.
- Develop and manage project commercial strategy;
- Supervise project cash flow and supervise the submission of interim applications;
- Supervise preparation of project final accounts.
- Effectively manage risk and opportunities;
- Provide contractual, financial and commercial advice to the project team;
- Manage and check all contract arrangements to and from the client and sub-contractors.
- Draft appropriate contract documents and prepare necessary commercial reports;
- Oversee the reporting on the project financial position including monthly cost value reconciliations and project forecasting.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Experience of working in Hong Kong on MTR or Hong Kong Government infrastructure projects is desirable but not essential
- Experience of successfully running a civil engineering project from start to finish with a major civil engineering main contractor or subcontractor is ESSENTIAL
- Experience of handling project monitoring and reporting systems & ability to handle issues diplomatically is essential
- Fluent written and spoken English is essential. Role would suit either an expatriate or local Hong Kong national
- A degree in Quantity Surveying or equivalent is preferred
- MRICS or HKIS or equivalent professional membership/qualification preferred
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The successful Senior Commercial Manager applicant will be joining a world-class engineering and construction contractor in Hong Kong. With a multi billion HK$ annual turnover they are a top tier major player in Hong Kong and Asia contracting.
They offer all the training, career development & promotion opportunities one would expect and have a full order book for 2014 and beyond.
Commercial Managers, Managing QS & high flying Project Quantity Surveyors and Senior Quantity Surveyors are invited to apply in confidence with a CV in Word format.
All candidates matching the job description will be contacted for interview.