Senior Commercial Manager
Responsibilities and Duties
- Leading a commercial team on multiple major projects in Hong Kong from tender state to completion on site and to final account & claims.
- Manage and check contract arrangements to and from the client and sub-contractors.
- Oversee the reporting on the project financial position including monthly cost value reconciliations and project forecasting.
- Draft appropriate contract documents, notifications and letters of entitlement & check those being written by others in the commercial team on site.
- Supervise the pricing of major variations and extra works & follow through to the receipt of payment
- Prepare full commercial reports for presentation to company directors in person
- Provide contractual, financial and commercial advice to the project team;
- Able to collate and prepare claims as required
- Able to act diplomatically at all times to negotiate resolution to problems strategically & amicably.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Suitable candidates will have extensive experience in a Senior Quantity Surveying or Commercial Management position with a major international building contractor.
- Experience of working in the Hong Kong construction industry for a contracting company is prefered
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills in English are essential
- Written & spoken Cantonese is desirable but not essential
- Degree in Quantity Surverying or related discipline preferred
- Membership of an internationally recognised professional institute such as the HKIS or RICS.
Employing Company Overview and Profile
A major international building & civil engineering contractor with a great reputation for delivering major projects in Asia. Excellent salary package available for the right candidate.