Senior Cost EstimatorRef MAX8706 Job Posted 29/04/2019 Region Canada Location Vancouver, Canada Salary To CAD$150K DOE Salary Band £60,000 to £149,999 TypePermanent Consultant Steve Thomas
A Senior Cost Estimator / Senior Quantity Surveyor with Canadian PR or Citizenship or transferable work permit in Canada is needed to join a niche client cost and project management consultancy working to help the client price up and set indicative construction budgets for a major new rail infrastructure project to be constructed in Vancouver, Canada.
Our employing client consultancy is a niche top end project management and cost management consultancy that has a number of live projects in Canada, including multi billion dollar highway and transportation projects within Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
They are looking for a Senior Cost Estimator / Senior Quantity Surveyor with experience and understanding of building up contracting estimates and cost plans for work to be completed so that they are able to price the rail project in sections that are both intelligible to contractors and in a way that can be managed using a logical cost system throughout the project construction phase.
Responsibilities and Duties
The appointed Senior Cost Estimator / Senior Quantity Surveyor job duties will include:
- Cost estimating and pricing projects using a contracting style methodology
- Advising clients on budgets and in due course helping them to manage their cost systems.
- Managing a team of technical advisors and cost estimators
- Commercial management
- Client interface
- Working in a team environment
- Understanding and managing project risks
Desired Skills and Experience
- Around 10 years of experience is expected to be sufficient but depends on the quality and background of the applicant
- Cost estimating experience on multi billion dollar highway and transportation projects is advantageous but not essential.
- Contracting experience is essential, ideally on projects of CAD$1-$50m (c GBP30m in value). Major or mega project experience is NOT essential
- Design & Build (D&B) experience is desired
- Some experience of costing civil / structural projects is desirable
- Experience of advising clients on budgets and managing cost systems is highly desirable
- Experience of working in Canada is strongly preferred
- Commercial management experience
- Client interface experience
- Experienced in working in a team environment
- Demonstrable understanding of managing project risks; schedule of rates experience only is not sufficient.
A professional qualification in construction is highly desirable although hands on cost estimating and commercial management experience is most critical.
The right to work in Canada is an essential criteria for consideration for this role.
Employing Company Overview and Profile
A niche project management, cost and commercial management consultancy in Canada that benefits from having an excellent reputation and forward order book of confirmed work. They have work with a number of public and private organisations in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
Generous salary of up to CAD$150k (GBPc86k) and various benefits
Recommend this job to a friend
and get a £500-£1000 cash reward for successful matches.Recommend a friend