Senior Design & Project Manager
Summary of Senior Design & Project Manager Job Vacancy - Dubai
A well-known international project management company with reputable projects is looking for a Senior Design & Project Manager to join their team in Dubai office.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Identify and engage all relevant stakeholders, and develop documents such as project charters and communication plans.
- Review the documentation of other consultants’ submissions and their validation with the client and consultants; provide immediate advice to the client if necessarily.
- Work closely throughout the design and tender documentation phases with other consultants (if any) appointed directly by the client to independently monitor cost and ensure that the design is progressing at all times in line with the client-approved budget and estimates.
- Monitor the development of the design by the other consultants engaged by the client on the project with the objectives and requirements of the client and approvals of the Dubai Municipality and the Dubai Electricity and Water Authority and other statutory bodies.
Desired Skills and Experience
- A minimum of 15 years’ experience in the construction field, with at least 5 years’ experience working with design consultants (either engineers or architects)
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in the UAE or the GCC.
- Demonstrated experience acting as the client’s trusted advisor in the role of Senior Project Manager and/or Design Manager.
- Having worked on LEED projects and having a LEED AP or similar accreditation is a plus.
- A combination of design and construction experience in the field is highly preferred.
- Strong knowledge of local authority regulations and requirements.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and effective presentation skills.
- Degree in civil, structural engineering or architectural (or equivalent academic and practical experience)
- Having a PMP accreditation is preferred.
Employing Company Overview and Profile
Our client is an international leading company specialist in project management. Rapidly growing in size with regards to staff and projects. A stable employer that can offer great career progression.