Senior Project ManagerRef MAX8711 Job Posted 13/05/2019 Region Canada Location Vancouver Salary CAD$150k (cGBP£85k) + Package Salary Band £60,000 to £149,999 TypePermanent Consultant Steve Thomas
Senior Project Manager with estimating experience to join a Vancouver project team. The successful applicant will be offered the opportunity to be the lead representative of the company on a major transportation project. Full managerial support, mentorship, training and a competitive renumeration package will be provided.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Establish a Project budget through the development of cost estimates, based on labour, plant and materials
- Facilitate financial approval of a project
- Manage the project costs through delivery
- Participate in the development of projects to make them procurement-ready
- Coordination of multidisciplinary teams including engineering, environmental, construction, communications, legal and others
- Develop work breakdown structures for transportation, port and heavy civil projects
- Develop project schedules including project development, procurement and construction activities.
Broader Project Team Duties the Senior Project Manager will be involved in will include:
- Conceptual and preliminary design including establishing appropriate design criteria to meet our clients’ needs
- Management of owners’ teams for engineering, environmental and construction activities including management of environmental assessment processes and construction/engineering management for traditional and alternate delivery projects
- Development of project budgets based on bottom up cost estimates, understanding of market conditions, cost of risk, schedule implications to costs, site constraints, contractual terms and conditions, financing and life cycle costs
- Review of project work by others and suggestions for modifications to optimize the project to meet clients’ requirements
- Establishment of project requirements for inclusion in the project agreement including asset performance, risk allocation and warranties
- Development of project contracting strategies including packaging of work to optimize performance as well as P3, design-build, design-build-finance, construction management and design assist delivery models
- Participation in procurement processes including reviewing of technical proposals and financial close considerations
- Establishing and implementing cost and schedule controls for all elements of a project including the owners’ project management office, property acquisition and construction
- Contract management during construction including payment, change orders and quality management
- Field reviews and
- Project close out discussions, negotiations and documentation.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Experience in the production of construction cost estimates with a sound understanding of how heavy civil projects are constructed
- Registration in good standing as an engineer in British Columbia is preferred
- Proficiency in the application of Microsoft Excel, Project and other project management related software
- Experience in a consulting engineering environment is an asset
- High productivity, attention to detail, effective verbal and written communication skills and
- An ability to work well in a team environment.
- Degree in engineering from an accredited university
- Around 10+ years’ experience in the construction/civil engineering industry
Employing Company Overview and Profile
A niche project management, cost and commercial management consultancy in Canada that benefits from having an excellent reputation and forward order book of confirmed work.
They have work with a number of public and private organisations in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada, and have been engaged on a variety of projects at various stages of a project’s life cycle.
We undertake project delivery services for rail, transit, port, transportation, health care and heavy civil construction projects.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
- Comprehensive compensation package
- Bonus structure
- 20 days vacation per calendar year
- Professional Membership fees
- Project Manager Hong Kong Island - Around HK$50K/m
- Project Manager Edmonton, Calgary - Negotiable
- Programme Manager Commercial Fit Out Toronto, Canada - Related to Experience
- Program Controls Manager Toronto, Canada - Related to Experience
- Project Director Toronto, Canada - CAD$250k+ (GBP150k++) Plus Full Package
Recommend this job to a friend
and get a £500-£1000 cash reward for successful matches.Recommend a friend