Senior Quantity Surveyor
Summary of Senior Quantity Surveyor Job Vacancy - Dubai
A Senior Quantity Surveyor is required to work on site on a mixed use development in Al Ain, UAE. This is a permanent position for a leading European main contractor. The project is due for completion at the end of 2016.
The project is a mixed use scheme valued at circa 800m AED comprising of:
- 6 x apartment buildings
- Underground car park
The project is due for completion at the end of 2016.
Responsibilities and Duties
The successful candidate will be the lead on site QS on this large development. You will be responsible for day to day commercial and contractual issues that arise and report to the Commercial Director.
Duties will include (but are not limited to):
- Managing sub-contractors
- Assessing contractual and commercial risk
- Commercial control from project award to final accounts
- Liaising with the client and the clients representatives on site
- To review and act upon the majority of the more straight forward contractual correspondence for the project. Including upstream and downstream correspondence. To seek assistance for particularly complex contractual issues.
- To follow and promote health & safety within the work environment according to company policy
- Regular progress reports to the company's head office based staff
Desired Skills and Experience
- Must have managed multiple large scale projects from award to completion. At least one project in excess of £50m is desired.
- A strong history of working for reputable main contractors is essential.
- Previous Middle Eastern experience is essential
- Previous experience of working on hotel and similar leisure / residential developments is desired
- A CV demonstrating good stability of employment showing clear career progression is essential
- The company's philosophy suits candidates looking to have a long term International career with the company. Therefore candidates ONLY willing to work in the UAE in the long term may not fit the company's ethos.
- A degree or similar equivalent in Quantity Surveying or other related subject is essential
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The hiring company is a leading European owned main contractor with a strong British / Irish presence in their Commercial department. They are widely regarded as one of the leading main contractors in the World to work for. They are a multi-disciplined main contractor capable of delivering large construction and civil engineering projects and have offices across Europe, the Middle East, Africa, Australia, Asia and the Americas.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
- Circa 25k - 33k AED pm Basic Salary (Depending on Experience)
- Accommodation (or allowance for accommodation)
- Private Medical Insurance
- Other fringe benefits