Senior Quantity Surveyor
Summary of Senior Quantity Surveyor Job Vacancy - Kowloon
An experienced Senior Quantity Surveyor is needed to join an engineering and construction company with a large MTR project in Hong Kong. You will be site based working on this joint venture project in Kowloon Hong Kong. The project consists of a large station building and is a HK$ Billion value contract. You will report directly to the Commercial Manager.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Middle-management position reporting into the Commercial Manager.
- Take a lead role in a team of Quantity Surveyors working on a large MTR project.
- Work on site through to project completion including final account & claims.
- Undertake site based quantity surveying functions.
- Check all contract arrangements to and from the client and any sub-contractors.
- Draft appropriate contract documents, notifications and letters of entitlement.
- Help prepare commercial reports for presentation to senior commercial figures.
- Provide contractual, financial and commercial advice to the project team working with senior staff where necessary.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Experience working as a Quantity Surveyor in Hong Kong for a Main Contractor
- Experience working on Civil Engineering or MTRC projects is desirable for the this position.
- Excellent communication skills in English and Cantonese.
- Strong IT skills.
- Degree in Quantity Surveying or related discipline
- Professional membership such as MRICS/MHKIS is preferred but not essential
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The successful candidate will be joining an international civil engineering construction company with a large portfolio of construction projects. You will join the company on this large scale project in Hong Kong which is due to run until 2020. Full details including salary package on offer will be disclosed to shortlisted candidates.
CANDIDATES WITH LESS EXPERIENCE WILL BE CONSIDERED FOR THE POSITION OF QUANTITY SURVEYOR
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
- Competitive salary on offer, dependant on experience and qualifications
- Generous company bonus scheme
- Company medical - In house training and development programme