Senior Quantity SurveyorRef MAX8750 Job Posted 27/06/2019 Region Midlands and East Anglia Location Leicester Salary Competitive Salary Band Up to £59,999 TypePermanent Consultant Katie Keenan
Seeking a Senior Quantity Surveyor in Leicestershire for one of the UK’s leading independent, multi-professional consultancy practices. This role offers the opportunity to join a dynamic company that has 13 well-established offices across the UK.
Due to increasing workload there is a demand for a Senior Quantity Surveyor to join the consultancy’s Leicestershire branch. You will join an established team and carry out pre- and post-contract quantity surveying duties. These duties will include review and audit work on a range of private and public sector projects in education, healthcare and commercial across the Midlands region.
Responsibilities and Duties
As a Senior Quantity Surveyor, your responsibilities will include:
- Managing pre- and post-contract elements on projects
- Conducting feasibility studies to estimate materials, time and labour costs
- Preparing, negotiating and analysing costs for tenders and contracts
- Reporting progress to senior management
- Supply chain procurement
- Management and administration of sub-contractor accounts
- Producing and submitting applications for payment
- Negotiation and contract formulation
- Driving improvements in the accuracy of forecasts and budgets
- Contract administration
- Handling claims and disputes as they arise if necessary
- Interfacing with the client
Desired Skills and Experience
- Demonstrable experience in cost management of building projects from feasibility/option studies through to detailed cost planning and post contract cost management
- Multi-sector background gained in a consultancy environment
- Good knowledge of the principal standard forms of building contracts, including JCT and NEC3
- Degree qualification is preferred
- MRICS / Chartered Surveyor status is desirable
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The company is a leading independent, multi-professional consultancy practice. Delivered through 13 UK offices, the firm employs 500+ staff and has operated for over 150 years within the UK property market.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
You will receive a competitive salary and attractive package that will match your skills and experience.
Recommend this job to a friend
and get a £500-£1000 cash reward for successful matches.Recommend a friend