Senior Rail EngineerRef MAX8703 Job Posted 12/04/2019 Region Canada Location Vancouver, British Columbia Salary Negotiable Salary Band £60,000 to £149,999 TypePermanent Consultant Steve Thomas
A Senior Rail Engineer position is available with one of Canada's top construction firms, based near Vancouver in British Columbia. The role is key to the design and execution of many rail and transit engineering projects within the British Columbia province.
A major rail contracting company is seeking a Senior Rail/Transit Engineer to join their Design team in Vancouver in British Columbia . Responsibilities would include undertaking engineering and design services to prepare calculations, plans, and specifications for rail and transit related projects. The role will cover many projects in elevated and underground stations.
Responsibilities and Duties
One of the main responsibilities in the role would be performing the technical engineering functions required of a rail project including: coordination of technical disciplines, procurement of materials and equipment, and construction planning assistance.
The role also requires the candidate to:
- Develop the scope of work for engineering tasks, design schedules and budgets for assigned project elements
- Monitor progress against schedule and budget requirements; and identify and document changes in scope
- Assist in determining the scope of work for procurement of materials and equipment, procurement schedules and budgets for assigned project buy outs
- Monitor progress and interface with procurement and subcontract personnel to facilitate the bid process
- Coordinate work between engineers and other interdisciplinary technical personnel on the project
- Oversee the assignment of personnel from other technical support groups within the company
- Assist in determining the technical skills and staff hours required
- Ensure client criteria and scope is met by all engineering disciplines
- Prepare technical reports and documentation of activity for the client and project management
- Obtain, analyse, and circulate technical and contractual information to project disciplines
Desired Skills and Experience
- 11+ years' experience with focus on rail transit engineering
- Knowledge of current codes and industry standards
- Proficient in developing design models
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering or related engineering degree
- Professional Engineering License in Canada is preferred
Employing Company Overview and Profile
This employer is one of the largest construction and engineering firms in North America. Their position as a leading construction company across Canada and North America sees them plan and execute $billions in projects in building, transportation and civil engineering.
Recommend this job to a friend
and get a £500-£1000 cash reward for successful matches.Recommend a friend