Transport ExecutiveRef MAX8680 Job Posted 04/06/2019 Region Hong Kong Location HK Island Salary HK$125-HK$150K Salary Band £60,000 to £149,999 TypePermanent Consultant Richard Poulter
A global engineering, management and development consultancy is seeking to appoint a high calibre Transport Executive to join their leadership team and play a pivotal role in growing a regional team and delivering a regional transport sector business strategy.
The successful candidate will join the transport leadership team. He / she will be responsible for delivering the Sector Strategy for the Unit.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Responsible for relationships with key clients, creating opportunities that ensure client achieves maximum penetration into the market.
- You will play a critical role in identifying opportunities and turning them into prospects, converting prospects into projects through bid teams by ensuring bids are technically and commercially sound and ultimately deliver quality outcomes for our clients, to budget, on schedule, through project teams.
Winning work and client relationships
- Responsible for enhancing existing client relationships and developing new client relationships.
- Responsible for profitable and sustainable growth.
- Identify opportunities, deliver sound commercial and technical proposals ensuring compliance with proper process, Group Policies and Directives.
- Lead a team of related engineering technical staff and be responsible for staff management, schedule key tasks in response to client project demand.
- Fostering development of expertise among our staff
- Responsible for employee engagement, development, safety and wellbeing of team.
- Responsible for resource planning, utilisation, talent acquisition, talent management (including performance management, employee development and progression).
- Promote professional excellence through practice teams.
- Accountable for revenue and commercial performance
- Responsible for monitoring project performance and ensuring corrective action is taken when required.
- Accountability for working within agreed overhead budgets.
- Promote safety, ethics and professional excellence initiatives.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Around 20 years or more of relevant experience.
- Registered Professional Engineer with proven experience of successfully engaging with statutory authorities.
- Proactive and quality oriented, with a client-centric outlook, together with a high sense of accountability.
- A demonstrable track record of meeting exacting technical standards.
- Exemplary expertise in management of planning and design; experience of both buildings and infrastructure works will be an advantage.
- Ability to critically analyze and resolve business issues
- Open and approachable leadership style with strong people development mindset
- Exceptional leadership skill to motivate and engage entire business and lead by setting a example
- Excellent command of spoken and written English and ideally Cantonese.
- Degree in civil engineering or related disciplines
- Chartered member of Honk Kong Institution of Engineers with strong post-chartered experience in infrastructure and other development in Hong Kong.
Employing Company Overview and Profile
Our client is a best in class global engineering, management and development consultancy providing innovative, responsible and sustainable solutions to the construction, engineering and built environment across the globe.
An employee owned business with our teams working across multiple sectors covering amongst others residential and commercial buildings, transport, infrastructure, utilities, environment and project management.
At the core of the group’s success, naturally, is it people and our client strives to create a fun, challenging and performance driven business culture where imagination, skill and high standards are rewarded and its people are constantly challenged to find and follow a better way and aspire to excel.
The group is seeking to appoint the very best talent to help its journey continue to become a major force in Asia and expand alliances across the region. Maxim has been retained to provide recruitment support and invites motivated and imaginative candidates to get in touch and explore this excellent career opportunity.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
Highly competitive salary package and benefits available for the successful candidate including employee share options.
Recommend this job to a friend
and get a £500-£1000 cash reward for successful matches.Recommend a friend