BIM ManagerRef MAX7948 Job Posted 17/01/2017 Region Hong Kong Location Hong Kong Island Salary HKD 40,000 p/m Salary Band £30,000 to £59,999 TypePermanent Consultant Richard Poulter
A specialist BIM consultancy, part of a major building group, is now looking for a Building Information Modelling (BIM) Manager to join their high calibre team in Hong Kong.
The successful candidate will be responsible for planning and executing assigned BIM projects profitably, by meeting the allocated time, resources and budget objectives.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Implement BIM technologies on large scale construction projects to include 4D (scheduling & Manpower) and 5D (cost analysis) using BIM models.
- Own the planning, execution and delivery of assigned BIM projects.
- Identify new business opportunities within existing projects
- Lead a sub-team of technical resources to execute and deliver BIM projects.
- Identify and implement best practices and standards to optimize BIM project delivery.
- Communicate with the Senior BIM Manager requirements for new software tools to optimize workflows and increase projects’ profitability
- Provide leadership, direction, and feedback to assigned project resources (BIM Engineers/Architects/ Junior BIM Engineers/Architects)
- Resolve disputes and performance deficiencies
- Meet with Clients and Sub-Contractors to resolve design issues.
- Perform corrective actions to meet project deadlines and profitability objectives.
- Develop project specific BIM standards and QA/QC.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Extensive BIM project experience
- Ability to demonstrate an advanced level of knowledge and understanding of construction methods, processes, and systems.
- Demonstrate effective written and verbal English language communication skills.
- Good communication, interpersonal and customer service skills are essential.
- Ability to use judgement, problem‐solving, self‐starting and ability to prioritize based on relevant factors.
- Ability to motivate staff
- A degree in Engineering, Construction Management, or Architecture, or equivalent.
- Competent with following software applications; Autodesk Revit, Navisworks, TEKLA, Microstation, Excel, MS Project and MS Word
Employing Company Overview and Profile
Our client is widely regarded as one of the leading BIM specialists, providing consultancy to some of the biggest names in the construction sector. They have various offices and are seeking ambitious staff to drive the business forward.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
Apply for this job
Richard Poulter is our specialist consultant managing this position
- +852 5444 0094 (Office hours 9am to 6pm - Hong Kong Time Monday to Friday)
- Connect with Richard Poulter on LinkedIn
- Senior Engineering and Management Roles Across Asia & the Middle East
Apply for this job Directly with Maxim
Recommend this job to a friend
Send the details of this job to someone you think might be suitable.Recommend a friend