Assistant Director Technical Training
For those with construction careers or related, a major HK statutory organisation is looking for an energetic, forward thinking Assistant Director Technical training & development to join their institute and manage their program of technical training and development for the construction industry.
This is a departure from our normal construction recruitment as our client is a critical government institution and coordinating body established in 2007 to improve the quality and competitiveness of the construction industry sectors and promote good practices.
Our client acts as a communications platform / channel and is empowered to formulate codes of conduct, share knowledge, reflect the industry’s needs, improve labour relations, promote health & safety and sustainable construction and elevate the standards and skills of the industry via funding research and organising vocational training.
Responsibilities and Duties
- To support the formulation of construction training strategies and policies in ensuring that the client's institute training courses meet the demands and quality standards of the industry and align with the Hong Kong education system;
- To drive proactively on the formulation of strategic plans for improving the quality of the client's institute training programme, facilities and teaching resources, in order to meet the manpower needs ahead of change of the industry in coming future;
- To strengthen and broaden the network with local stakeholders, including schools, trade unions, trade associations, professional bodies, etc.
- To foster strong partnership and bondage with overseas stakeholders and training institutes, including those in Greater Bay Area, other parts of Mainland China, Asian regions, etc. with a view to explore collaboration opportunities such as exchange programmes to enhance the capabilities and exposure of teaching staff and students;
- To foster construction safety awareness by strengthening the content of safety training courses and the adoption of practical training and site experience with a view to educate students the importance of safety before they join the industry;
- To instil for change and to advocate the wider adoption of new construction methods, technologies and other innovative solutions in the training courses;
- To monitor the strategic direction in the implementation of Qualification Framework QF for construction training courses in ensuring a career path which encourage youngsters to join the industry;
- To oversee the quality and assurance measures of various training programmes to ensure they meet up the required QF standards and be able to reflect market demand and requirements.
Desired Skills and Experience
- A minimum of 15 years’ post-qualification experience in construction management and education or training with proven record in managing sizeable academic and or vocational training institutes, experience in construction-related industry is preferred;
- Track record of success in change management and project management;
- Demonstrated experience in strategic planning, academic programme development and fiscal planning at universities or sizeable academic / vocational training institutions;
- Excellent networking capabilities and be able to establish strong working relationships with government officials, academics, education professionals, industry practitioners and other key stakeholders;
- Strong motivation with excellent organisation and time management skills; be result-oriented;
- Exemplary interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively to influence all levels of hierarchy
- Excellent command of both written and spoken English and Chinese is a must.
- Recognised degree in construction, with qualification in education or vocational training would be an advantage
Employing Company Overview and Profile
Our client is a dynamic organisation that focuses on the construction industry's needs and aspirations as well as providing a communication channel with local Government to solicit advice on all construction-related matters. This Government organisation is empowered to formulate codes of conduct, administer registration and rating schemes, steer forward research and manpower development, facilitate adoption of construction standards, promote good practices and compile performance indicators.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
Highly attractive salary, package and benefits