Assistant EstimatorRef MAX7995 Job Posted 08/03/2017 Region London Location Central London Salary £28k - £40k + package Salary Band Up to £59,999 TypePermanent Consultant Adam Cadwaladr
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an Assistant Estimator to work in Central London on rail projects. You will be joining a first class global consultancy, whilst ideally bringing with you some estimating experience in either signalling, depots, or general rail infrastructure such as track laying, earthworks and other associated civil works.
You will be an Assistant Estimator working on rail projects in London. You will be exposed to a variety of types of rail work including signalling, depots, and general rail infrastructure.
Responsibilities and Duties
Assistant Estimator Job Duties and Responsibilities (not limited to):
- Assist in review clients project proposals and documents to identify the key items for pricing
- Assist in determining the clients price submission requirements and creating the estimating plan and document
- Build up an accurate cost estimate in an elemental and analytical format with a level of detail commensurate with the level of maturity of the client’s project
- Liaison with the client team and designers to understand the project requirements
- Assist in the preparation & presentation the commercial aspects of the price to the heads of department
- Provide estimating assurance and governance to management and delivery teams
- Assist in the preparation of recommendations for award of contractor packages
Desired Skills and Experience
- Previous experience working in a junior or assistant estimating role
- Preferably have experience working on either signalling, depots, or general rail infrastructure in the rail sector
- IT proficient with exposure to use of spreadsheets & IT packages relating to estimating
- Quantity Surveyors are considered with some Estimating experience
- Degree qualified is preferred but not essential
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The company is one of the leading construction and engineering consultancies on the globe, and are growing in the UK. They work on some of the most prestigious projects in the UK and internationally as well as various frameworks with clients. They are a multi-disciplinary consultancy that offer fantastic progression opportunities within.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
The company offer a fantastic salary.
Recommend this job to a friend
and get a £500-£1000 cash reward for successful matches.Recommend a friend