Projects will typically be large scale and complex refurbishment projects based in Central London. Typical value of recent projects has been between £2m - £10m and they boast as prestigious client list which includes the Crown Estate.
As an Assistant Estimator, you will need to price up projects from drawings and plans. Given that the employer has a strong in house team of tradesman, you will need to factor in costing for complex packages such as joinery, interiors, dry lining and M&E works.
Responsibilities and Duties
As Assistant Estimator, you will support the Senior Estimator and Directors of the business in pre contract duties relating to tendering for new projects.
The hiring company are willing to provide training to candidates who are passionate about starting a career in Estimating, however some previous technical knowledge relating to construction projects will be required to succeed in this role.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Candidates will ideally have some post qualification experience in a technical professional role on relevant construction projects in the built environment
- Candidates coming from a main contractor or sub contractor background, ideally in refurbishment, joinery, dry lining, M&E (or similar) are preferred
- Must have excellent written and verbal English
- Must be highly organised and have strong planning skills
- Candidates will ideally be qualified to Degree level in a relevant subject such as Quantity Surveying
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The hiring company is a specialist Refurbishment Contractor based in Central London. They work on high value, complex refurbishment projects in the London area and boast a prestigious list of clients. Therefore, they can offer candidates the opportunity to tender on luxury, high end projects in popular London locations.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
Salary will be dependent on experience, however a suitable range would be £22k - £35k