Assistant Project ManagerRef MAX9014 Consultant Stuart Hackett Region South East England Location Bedford, Bedfordshire Salary £35k - £40k + package inc car Salary Band Up to £59,999 TypePermanent Job Posted 12/10/2020 Status Live: Interviewing now
An exciting client-side project management role exists with one of the UK’s largest private landowners, based out of their office just outside of Bedford in Bedfordshire.
The role comes with fantastic job security in this difficult climate, with the employer having signed a 7-year contract of guaranteed work.
The client is looking to hire their third Assistant Project Manager in a matter of months to cope with an increased workload. The role would suit either very strong Assistant Project Managers or recently appointed intermediate Project Managers with a career spent specifically in construction Project Management.
Unfortunately, this role would not suit Project Managers looking to transfer from sectors outside of construction.
You will work within the property sector, performing a client-side project management role on residential properties.
This division of the business is responsible for assessing void properties, planning what work is required on the property to maximise its profitability, carrying out the work by the appointment of contractors and sub-contractors, managing the contractors throughout the build, and then passing the property to their sales team for sale or rent.
The bulk of the work that is required on such properties is refurbishment work, as well as some new build work on occasions.
Responsibilities and Duties
The primary purpose of the role will be to implement the refurbishment and new build activities within and behalf of the organisation in the achievement of its objectives and against budgets.
The Assistant Project Manager works closely with the Project Manager and the rest of the Project management Team to ensure all targets are met.
Profitability is of prime importance so the Assistant Project Manager will ensure project costs are closely monitored and all contractual obligations of appointed contractors are being met.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Ensure the effective implementation of all strategies relating to new build and refurbishment activities on all sites as required to achieve their objectives within those budgets.
- Assist in all procurement to include the tendering processes and evaluations for main contract works.
- Monitor the activities of all appointed contractors in particular against contractual obligations and report regularly and effectively to the SPM and project management team as required.
- Maintain the standard and quality of works on all projects adhering to all required Health & Safety Regulations and company policies.
- Organise the provision of timely and accurate data to keep managers informed as to progress and financial performance on all projects as required and adhere to company financial policy and procedures.
Desired Skills and Experience
We are very much looking for someone with a combination of a solid foundation of experience in a similar role as well as someone with ambition and passion that wants to learn new things and get involved in all aspects of the business.
- Candidates will need to have some post qualification experience in a Project Management or closely related role.
- Candidates from a site management background may be considered if you are able to demonstrate exposure to more Project Management responsibilities such as tendering, contract administration and managing costs on the project.
- Strong self-motivation skills
- Excellent attention to detail and good IT skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Candidates should have experience in budgeting and managing costs
- Previous experience within the residential sector would be preferred however, candidates from all sectors of the construction and engineering industry will be considered if they have the right skills to perform in this role.
- Candidates would ideally be educated to Degree level or a similar equivalent qualification, however specific experience would be valued greater than a Degree.
Employing Company Overview and Profile
You will be joining one of the largest private owners of residential property in the UK, who operate in the construction, regeneration, and refurbishment or homes Nationwide. This a great opportunity to work with a unique business where you will gain fantastic varied experience in all areas of the build process, from pre contract stage through to handover.
With the recent signing of a long-term contract for guaranteed work, this role offers fantastic job security for any aspiring Project Managers looking to join a highly professional team where they will be given support and training as well as the opportunity to develop their career within the business.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
Salary: £35k - £40k (Depending on experience)
+ Company Car (BMW / Mercedes / Lexus) & fuel card
+ Bupa Medical Cover for self, spouse and family
+ Life Insurance
+ Up to 10% discretionary bonus (Based on performance)
+ 25 days holiday allowance
+ All lodging expenses paid (where required)
- Senior Project Manager Commercial Oxfordshire - £55k - £75k + Package
- Project Manager Buildings Lai Chi Kok - Negotiable
- E&M Project Manager Water Kwun Tong - up to HK$100K/m + bonus
- Project Manager Hospitality and Luxury Retail Sheung Wan - Negotiable
- MEPF Project Manager Quezon City, Philippines - Negotiable
Recommend this job to a friend
and get a £500-£1000 cash reward for successful matches.Recommend a friend