Assistant Project ManagerRef MAX8508 Consultant Stuart Hackett Region South East England Location Cranfield, Bedfordshire Salary £30k - £40k + package inc car Salary Band Up to £59,999 TypePermanent Job Posted 29/07/2020 Status Filled: Apply to be considered for other jobs like this
A newly created role of Assistant Project Manager has been created within a unique business who are one of the UK’s largest private land owners.
This is a fantastic role for someone with a good understanding of the Project Management role and the construction process. In this role you will have the opportunity to develop your Project Management skills and expand on them by learning new skills such as dealing with more commercial and contractual issues on projects.
You will work exclusively in the property sector and work will include new build and refurbishment of residential properties. The business are also involved in the acquisition of land for developments as well as the sale / rent of properties and your expertise will be used at all phases of the lifecycle of their properties.
Responsibilities and Duties
The primary purpose of the role will be to implement the refurbishment and new build activities within and behalf of the organisation in the achievement of its objectives and against budgets.
The Assistant Project Manager works closely with the Senior Project Manager/ Estimator and the rest of the Project management Team to ensure all targets are met.
Profitability is of prime importance so the Assistant Project Manager will ensure project costs are closely monitored and all contractual obligations of appointed contractors are being met.
The job holder will work alongside the Senior Project Manager/ Estimator in the search and appraisal for new external purchase opportunities not just to ensure a suitable continuous workload for the property department but also to meet the wider company strategy to develop its PRS portfolio business.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Ensure the effective implementation of all strategies relating to new build and refurbishment activities on all sites as required to achieve their objectives within those budgets.
- Assist in all procurement to include the tendering processes and evaluations for main contract works.
- Monitor the activities of all appointed contractors in particular against contractual obligations and report regularly and effectively to the SPM and project management team as required.
- Maintain the standard and quality of works on all projects adhering to all required Health & Safety Regulations and company policies.
- Organise the provision of timely and accurate data to keep managers informed as to progress and financial performance on all projects as required and adhere to company financial policy and procedures.
Desired Skills and Experience
We’re very much looking for someone with a combination of a solid foundation of experience in a similar role as well as someone with ambition and passion that wants to learn new things and get involved in all aspects of the business.
- Candidates will ideally have some post qualification experience in a Project Management or closely related role.
- Strong self-motivation skills
- Excellent attention to detail and good IT skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- If candidates have experience in budgeting and managing costs it would be an advantage
- Previous experience within the residential sector would be preferred however candidates from all sectors will be considered if they have the right skills
- Candidates should be educated to Degree level or a similar equivalent qualification
Employing Company Overview and Profile
You will be joining one of the largest private owners of residential property in the UK, who operate in the construction, regeneration, and refurbishment or homes Nationwide. This a great opportunity to work with a unique business where you will gain fantastic varied experience in all areas of the build process, from pre contract stage through to handover.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
Salary: £32k - £40k (Depending on experience)
+ Company Car (BMW / Mercedes / Lexus) & fuel card
+ Bupa Medical Cover for self, spouse and family
+ Life Insurance
+ Up to 10% discretionary bonus (Based on performance)
+ 25 days holiday allowance
+ All lodging expenses paid (where required)
- Project Manager Quarry Bay, Hong Kong Island - Neg
- Assistant Project Manager Berlin, Germany - €30,000 - €36,000 + package
- Project Manager Berlin, Germany - €40,000 - €50,000 + package
- Senior Project Manager Berlin, Germany - €66,000 - €84,000 + package
- Senior Project Manager Cambridge - £55k + package
Recommend this job to a friend
and get a £500-£1000 cash reward for successful matches.Recommend a friend