Assistant QSRef MAX7902 Job Posted 14/12/2017 Region London Location Central London Area Salary £25k - £35k (DOE) + Benefits Salary Band Up to £59,999 TypePermanent Consultant Stuart Hackett
An Assistant level Quantity Surveyor is required to work for a Consultancy who provide a range of Quantity Surveying and Contractual advice services specific to the Mechanical & Electrical sector in London. The successful candidate will join a small but highly reputable business and have the opportunity to work on a variety of projects with a range of clients from main contractors to sub-contractors and some client organisations also. This is a fantastic opportunity to work with highly experienced M&E and Claims professionals and learn from industry leading figures in an exciting, fast paced and varied work environment.
The hiring company provide a range of Consultancy Services in the London market. This will range from general Quantity Surveying through to providing contractual advise for claims and dispute resolution work in house for main contractors, sub contractors or client organisations, typically relating to M&E work.
Responsibilities and Duties
Over the course of a year you will likely work on a high volume of assignments. On smaller assignments, you may work independently providing support to the client. Whereas on larger assignments, you may be part of a team of commercial staff working in house with the client providing commercial and contractual support, such as (but not limited to):
• Dispute Avoidance
• Cost / Value Reporting
• Contractual Claims
• Project Cost Planning
• Measurement for Estimating
• Preparing Bills of Quantities
• Sub-contract Procurement
• Tender Analysis
• Value Engineering
• Preparing Tender Documents
• Interim Valuations
• Life Cycle Costing
• Variation Management
Desired Skills and Experience
- Ideally candidates will have some exposure to M&E packages or have worked specifically for an M&E contractor. However candidates with no M&E experience but a passion to get into this sector may be considered.
- Candidate's with general all around experience of pre and post contract duties including some involvement in assisting with contractual documentation would be advantageous
- Must be able to travel to sites / offices around the London area
- Must have strong interpersonal skills
- Must have excellent level of numeracy and English verbal and writing skills
- Candidate's should ideally hold a formal qualification in Quantity Surveying or other relevant subject
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The hiring company is a small but highly reputable Consultancy based in Hertfordshire but providing a range of Consultancy services largely to clients in the London area. The client can provide an interesting and varied working environment for Quantity Surveyors who would enjoy a role where they can gain exposure to a full range of pre and post contract duties as well as building up their experience in claims and contract administration.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
Circa £50k - £65k + Benefits
Recommend this job to a friend
and get a £500-£1000 cash reward for successful matches.Recommend a friend