Assistant Quantity Surveyor
An exciting opening exists for an Assistant Quantity Surveyor to join one of the UK's largest privately owned House Builders out of their newly opened Bedford office. Join the new regional office of an established and reputable house builder with a turnover of circa £250m last year. This position would ideally suit Quantity Surveyors working at a junior level and some exposure to residential projects with a housing developer or a contractor.
The successful candidate will work for the company's newly opened regional office based in Bedford. This office will be working on housing developments in Bedfordshire, Buckinghamshire, Hertfordshire and Cambridgeshire.
Responsibilities and Duties
As Assistant Quantity Surveyor, you will work closely with the Senior QS on one or more housing developments (depending on size) within this region.
Desired Skills and Experience
The ideal candidate will have the following: - Experience of working at an Assistant QS level on at least one project. Ideally from the start of the projects all the way through to completion.
- Strong understanding of the basic elements of the Quantity Surveying role with some experience in assisting with the typical day to day duties.
- Strong written and verbal English skills
- Strong planning & organisation skills
- Ability to work in a timely and accurate manner
- Candidates who have fully completed a Quantity Surveying Degree or similar equivalent qualification are desired
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The hiring company is one of the UK's largest privately owned Housing Developers. With a turnover nearing £250m and new offices such as the Bedford office being opened, this is an exciting role with a highly reputable House Builder experiencing significant growth.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
£25k - £35k (DOE) + Benefits