Assistant Quantity SurveyorRef MAX8617 Job Posted 07/01/2019 Region Midlands and East Anglia Location Birmingham, West Midlands Salary Circa £24k - £29k + benefits Salary Band Up to £59,999 TypePermanent Consultant Stuart Hackett
A market leading UK and global construction consultancy have an exciting Assistant Quantity Surveyor role based in their Birmingham office. This is an exciting role for an ambitious QS who wants to join a market leading, global consultancy with fantastic career opportunities. The successful candidate will work out of one of the businesses largest UK offices which is based in Birmingham and dealing with working in the infrastructure and rail sectors.
The hiring company are working largely in the infrastructure and rail sectors in the Midlands area and this includes HS2 related work.
Responsibilities and Duties
The clients focus is in the provision of pre and post contract commercial services to rail projects and clients, from feasibility estimates, through procurement to construction.
- Provide pre and post contract quantity surveying services for major clients
- Plan, organise and control own workload under supervision
- Ensure the quality and timeliness of service delivery to clients
Desired Skills and Experience
- Civil/Infrastructure sector experience
- Ability to prepare estimates under supervision
- Ability to analyse and interpret commercial and technical project documentation
- Understanding of standard forms of contract, particularly NEC
- Good IT skills
- Candidates should be educated to Degree level or a similar equivalent
- Candidates should ideally be working towards RICS membership
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The hiring company are market leading global consultancy typically working with blue chip clients in the infrastructure and rail sectors in the Midlands. They can offer suitable candidates the opportunity to work on a range of complex projects with fantastic career opportunities to progress within the business.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
£24k - £29k
+ Flexible benefits package
- Assistant Quantity Surveyor Dublin, Ireland - Circa €32k - €37.5k all in
- Assistant Quantity Surveyor Northampton - Circa £22k - £25k + Car Allowance
- Assistant Quantity Surveyor Reading, Berkshire - £25k - £32k + Pension
- Assistant Quantity Surveyor Bourne, Lincolnshire - Circa £20k - £30k + car allowance
Recommend this job to a friend
and get a £500-£1000 cash reward for successful matches.Recommend a friend