Assistant Quantity Surveyor
An Assistant Quantity Surveyor is required to work for one of the most respected residential developers in the UK. This is a permanent role and the hiring company are willing to pay any necessary fees for University Courses (if applicable) whilst studying on day release. You will need to have some experience as a Quantity Surveyor previously and you will work out of the company's Head Office in Brentwood, Essex whilst working on projects in the South East region.
The successful candidate would be office based in Essex, but will be required to travel to sites where necessary. You will work on new build residential projects in the South East of the UK. Mainly in areas outside of the M25 such as Essex, Cambridgeshire and Hertfordshire.
Responsibilities and Duties
The successful candidate will support the Senior Quantity Surveyors on new build residential projects in the South East region.
Specific Duties will include:
- Attends design team meetings and development meetings when appropriate and also main contract pre-start and subcontract package review meetings.
- Receive initial tender information and assist in the preparation and updating of procurement programmes.
- General sub-contractor management
- Assist in the Preparation of Production Forecast cash flow and monitors on monthly basis also client cashflows where appropriate.
- Assist in Monitoring the production of information and advised on financial feasibility of design development.
- Assist in the preparation of documents for the basis of valuation with Client’s Agent (eg Stage Payment Schedule, Tick Offs etc).
- Assists in the agreement of subcontractor interim and final accounts including and variations.
- Attends site meetings, project team meetings and subcontract meetings during currency of contract.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Candidates will have some pre or post qualification experience as an Assistant QS. Ideally this would have been for a similar residential developer, although candidates with experience in other sectors will be considered.
- Confident and enthusiastic
- Ability to listen to instructions and follow them without supervision
- Strong working individually and as part of a team
- Strong Planning and organisational skills are essential
- Candidates will have ideally completed a relevant qualification or be working towards a qualification on a day release or distance learning basis. University fees will be paid for by the company where applicable.
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The hiring company are one of the most respected residential developers in the UK and have a particularly strong presence in the South East and North West of the UK. They have operated in this sector for 55 years and are listed on the London Stock Exchange.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
£25k - £35k (DOE) Basic Salary +Car or Car Allowance + Pension + Private Healthcare (After 6 Months Service)