Assistant Quantity Surveyor
A unique opportunity has arisen for an Assistant Quantity Surveyor to join a consultancy practice in Central London, with fast-track promotion potential within the business. You will be able to work in a variety of sectors within the built environment, in the public and private sectors.
Projects will include commercial, high end residential, retail fit – out, listed buildings, education, transport, park projects, and more. The company work unrestricted sector-wise, so invaluable experience can be gained on an extensive range of projects. As an Assistant Quantity Surveyor, you will not be restricted by sector unlike with many other consultancies.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Supporting the commercial lead on various projects
- Support in the business development of the company with senior members of staff
- Preparation of tender reports
- Feasibility studies
- Contract formulation
- Preparation of cost plans
- Handling post tender qualification documents & procedures
- Preparation of recommendations for award of contractor packages
- Assist with construction claims where necessary
Desired Skills and Experience
- You will have the ability to interact with clients whilst working with the commercial lead
- Consultancy or Main Contractor backgrounds are both considered, with a clear motive to work for a consultancy and be career driven essential
- Pre and Post contract experience
- Experience on building sector projects
- Degree qualification is strongly preferred in relevant discipline such as Quantity Surveying or similar
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The company are a fantastic construction consultancy with offices spread across England. They are ambitious and driven by growth minded individuals, and are not limited by project sector though tend to focus on the built environment. They have fantastic progression opportunities within, allowing Senior QS staff to progress to partner level within a relatively short timescale should the drive, ambition and quality of work meet the requirement.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
The company pay a very competitive salary and package