Assistant Quantity Surveyor
An Assistant Quantity Surveyor is being sought by a reputable main contractor, to work upon multiple new build projects in Cockermouth, Cumbria.
The successful candidate will be required to work upon multiple new build projects in the Cockermouth area.
Responsibilities and Duties
Answerable to the project leader (Quantity Surveyor) your duties on this significant position will encapsulate the full range of the Assistant Quantity Surveyor function including:
- Assist with contract administration
- Assist with subcontractor management
- Conduct and assist with valuations
- Conduct and assist with measurement
- Assist with cost value reconciliations
- Conduct and assist with interim main contract valuations
- Assist with change schedule management
- support with variations (compensation/ additional time/ additional works)
- Assist with Conduct and assist with pricing compensation
- support with Client liaison management
- Assist with Preparation of claims
- Aid with Preparation of final Accounts
- Help with Issuing Interim payments certificates
Desired Skills and Experience
- Excellent communication, IT and numeracy skills
- Previous commercial contractor experience is highly desirable
- Basic contractual knowledge
- Negotiating skills
A degree or similar equivalent in Quantity Surveying or other relevant discipline is highly desirable, but not essential for this role.
Employing Company Overview and Profile
My client is a large UK build contractor, largely involved in residential new build projects, as well as refurbishments. Established over a century ago, this company has turned over in excess of 1 billion GBP, which highlights their success. With offices located across the country, my client offers fantastic opportunities for career progression.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
£25,000-£35,000 + benefits