Assistant Quantity SurveyorRef MAX8607 Job Posted 07/01/2019 Region Europe Location Dublin, Ireland Salary Circa €32k - €37.5k all in Salary Band Up to £59,999 TypePermanent Consultant Stuart Hackett
An Assistant Quantity Surveyor is required to work for a leading Irish based Cost Consultancy working out of their Dublin Head Office.
The successful candidate will work for a highly reputable employer who carry out some of the most exciting projects in the Irish marketplace. They have a prestigious list of clients that they carry out work with. Many of whom are regular clients.
Projects you will be involved on will typically be multi-million Euro, complex developments that can include new build, Refurbishment and fit-out. They work across a wide range of sectors and often carry out mixed use scheme.
Typical sectors including:
- Hospitality / Leisure
- Public Sector
Responsibilities and Duties
The successful candidate will work in a supporting role, assisting the Senior QS and other senior members of the team on day-to-day commercial and contractual tasks for projects. You will gain valuable experience on pre and post contract duties, including but not limited to :
- Preparation of cost plans
- Tender evaluation & assessment
- Preparation of recommendations for award of contractor packages
- Preparing and presenting cash flow & cost management advice to clients
- Interpreting and offering advice on contract
- Ensuring contractual notices and client entitlements are properly administered
- Preparation of contractor’s payment recommendations
- Measuring & valuing variations
- Agreement of final accounts
Desired Skills and Experience
- Ideally candidates will come from a PQS background or have at least some experience working for a reputable PQS
- Candidates must have worked as junior level Quantity Surveyor for a reasonable period of time already and be able to demonstrate an understanding of most of the responsibilities set out above
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Relevant project experience on large scale projects in the built environment is desired but particular project experience may not be essential for candidates showing an excellent understanding of the QS role, which is deemed to be more important.
- Strong attention to detail
- Highly IT literate with experience of using core Microsoft Office programs
- Enthusiastic “Can do” attitude is essential
- Qualified to a Degree level or similar equivalent in a relevant subject is essential
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The hiring company is a highly reputable, medium sized Consultancy based out of Dublin, Ireland. They have circa 30 staff and are involved on projects in Ireland, UK and Europe. Their approach to work is professional, client-focussed and effective. They invest in their staff and their professional development to ensure they provide the best service to clients.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
Circa €32k - €37.5k p.a Basic Salary
- Assistant Quantity Surveyor Northampton - Circa £22k - £25k + Car Allowance
- Assistant Quantity Surveyor Reading, Berkshire - £25k - £32k + Pension
- Quantity Surveyor Leicester, East Midlands - £35k - £45k + benefits
- Quantity Surveyor Leicester, East Midlands - £32k-£40k + benefits
- Assistant Quantity Surveyor Bourne, Lincolnshire - Circa £20k - £30k + car allowance
Recommend this job to a friend
and get a £500-£1000 cash reward for successful matches.Recommend a friend