Assistant Quantity Surveyor
An Assistant Quantity Surveyor is required to a top end construction consultancy that operates in the private and public sector on building projects up to £250m. You will be an Assistant Quantity Surveyor who will be provided with fantastic training and guidance by senior members of the business, and have access to great project exposure with this company. You will be working out of an office in Eltham, South East London.
You will initially be working on projects in the housing sector, but will be expected to work on various projects in the building sector as time goes on. Project values vary from a few thousand up to £250m across the business.
Responsibilities and Duties
You will assist in the following duties as Assistant Quantity Surveyor:
- Preparation of tender reports
- Analysis, evaluation/assessment of tender reports
- Negotiation and contract formulation
- Review the Preparation of cost plans
- Handling post tender qualification documents & procedures
- Preparation of recommendations for award of contractor packages
- Attending meetings with clients
Desired Skills and Experience
- Previous experience working as a Graduate/Assistant Quantity Surveyor is required
- Ideally, experience on housing projects is preferred but by no means essential
- Ideally, experience working for a PQS firm is preferred but not essential
- Strong interpersonal skills are desired for the successful candidate
- Degree or equivalent in Quantity Surveying is strongly desired
- On route or willingness to become chartered is desirable
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The company are a top end consultancy working across projects up to £250m in the building construction sector, including private and public sector works. They are training focused, ensuring a great platform to learn and develop your skills experiencing great project exposure. They are based in London and the Midlands and are headed up by Senior individuals with a wealth of experience in the construction sector.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
The company offer a health and pension package as well as other attractive benefits.