Assistant Quantity Surveyor
Summary of Assistant Quantity Surveyor Job Vacancy - Birmingham
An Assistant Quantity Surveyor is required to join a tier 1 construction consultancy in their busy Erdington office in Birmingham, taking an Assistant Quantity Surveying role on exciting public sector projects across the Midlands, and the rest of the UK in some cases. You will gain fantastic project exposure as an Assistant Quantity Surveyor and have the opportunity to thrive and progress into a leadership role in the future.
You will work on projects in the public build sector including education, health, and defence projects.
Responsibilities and Duties
- You will perform the role of Assistant Quantity Surveyor, working on start to finish project delivery, often with respect to larger complex commissions in the public sector.
- Attending client meetings to gain client interface experience
- Assisting in conducting feasibility studies and writing procurement reports as the Assistant Quantity Surveyor
- Assist with the application of Value Management techniques at the outset of a project and where appropriate involving the specialist Value Management team
- Assist with estimating and cost planning activities to include taking responsibility and presenting the final cost plan with the Senior Quantity Surveyor or Commercial lead.
- Assist in ensuring that post-contract cost variances and change control processes are undertaken effectively
- Get involved with the production of monthly post-contract cost reports
- Working with Directors to assist with constructing bids for new work
Desired Skills and Experience
- Some experience working for a consultancy or main contractor is desired
- Experience in building project sectors is preferred if you have industry experience, but not essential
- Degree qualified or equivalent in Quantity Surveying or similar is desired but not essential
- On route to full membership of the RICS is strongly preferred
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The company is tier 1 construction consultancy offering a range of services to the construction industry. They provide project, cost and construction management for clients on an international basis, on some of the most iconic and interesting construction projects.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
The company offer a leading benefits package including a health scheme and pension allowance.