Assistant Quantity Surveyor
An Assistant Quantity Surveyor is being sought by a reputable main contractor in Dagenham, Essex.
The successful candidate will be required to work upon multiple industrial (warehouse) projects in Dagenham, with an overall value of 8 million GDP.
Responsibilities and Duties
As an Assistant Quantity Surveyor, you will be answerable to the Senior Quantity Surveyor and will be required to perform a multitude of Quantity Surveying tasks including, but not limited to:
- Ensuring highest quality of service delivery to Clients
- Mentoring of more junior members of staff
- Provision of pre contract project control and responsibility
- Post Contract Administration
- Cost Plans/ Estimates
- Tender enquiry documents
- Bills of Quantity
- Take offs
- Feasibility reports
- Contractor liaison management
- Cost/Value reconciliations
Desired Skills and Experience
- Commercial experience is essential
- Experience of working as an Assistant QS is desirable but not essential
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- IT literate
- Excellent communication skills - both written and verbal.
- Strong work ethic
- Willingness to complete a degree (paid for by the company) if you do not already have one.
Degree or similar equivalent in quantity surveying or similar relevant discipline is desirable but not essential.
Employing Company Overview and Profile
My client is a reputable contractor that deals predominantly with industrial (warehousing) projects, as well as demolitions and refurbishments. This company operates across London, the South East and the Midlands.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
- Car allowance + fuel costs
- Car insurance costs
- Health + pension schemes
- Degree paid for (for candidates without a degree)