Assistant Quantity Surveyor
An Assistant Quantity Surveyor with shown experience for a Main Contractor or Consultancy is required to join a global construction consultancy in their Glasgow office. You will be working on projects in the water / utility sector involving heavy civil engineering, pipelines, and processing plants. This is a great opportunity for a Junior Quantity Surveyor in the Glasgow area to showcase their skills with an international and highly reputable consultancy.
You will be working on projects in the water / utility sector as Assistant Quantity Surveyor, more specifically involving heavy civil engineering, pipelines, and processing plants.
Responsibilities and Duties
You will assist in the following duties as Assistant Quantity Surveyor:
- Working closely with senior team members and multidisciplinary teams
- Assessing, understanding, and assisting in the delivery of pre and post contract services as Assistant Quantity Surveyor
- Validation of cost structures
- Production of accurate cost estimates
- Providing interim payment applications
- Giving procurement advice
- Assessing variations and working on claim assessments, defending contractor claims where necessary
- Cost reporting for clients
Desired Skills and Experience
- Previous experience as a Graduate/Assistant Quantity Surveyor is essential
- Strong interpersonal skills are desired for the successful candidate
- Degree or equivalent in Quantity Surveying is desired
- On route or desire to complete APC to attain MRICS status is preferred.
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The company are an international consultancy in construction operating a globally competitive turnover alongside some of the largest construction companies internationally. They maintain a vast network of offices on various continents, and provide unrivalled training, exposure and opportunities to some of the most exciting projects in the UK and worldwide.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
The company offer a competitive benefits package.