Assistant Quantity SurveyorRef MAX7966 Job Posted 23/03/2017 Region South East England Location Grays, Essex Salary £25k - £35k + Car Allowance Salary Band Up to £59,999 TypePermanent Consultant Stuart Hackett
An Assistant Quantity Surveyor is required to work for a highly reputable civil engineering contractor based in Essex. The hiring company is a well established family ran business with over 900 staff. They specialise in civils related work and often work as a sub contractor carrying out RC Frame, groundwork's and tunnelling work. Their office is based in Essex, and the majority of their work in based inside the M25. The position could suit someone based in Essex and the surrounding counties as well as someone based in Central London.
Projects will typically be London based and will be biased towards the construction of large reinforced concrete structures for multi million GBP developments.
Responsibilities and Duties
You will provide general commercial assistance and specific duties will include:
• Contract administration
• Subcontractor management
• Conducting valuations
• Conducting measurements
• Cost value reconciliations
• Change schedule management
• Variations (compensation/additional time/ additional works)
• Pricing compensation
• Client liaison management
• Preparation of claims
• Preparation of final accounts
• Issuing Interim payments certificates
Desired Skills and Experience
- Candidates should have had exposure to working for a contractor of subcontractor on civil engineering projects.
- Candidates could currently be working at Assistant QS or Quantity Surveyor level currently
- Candidates must be confident and have a high level of enthusiasm to learn new things
- Excellent written and verbal English is required
- Candidates should have completed a degree in Quantity Surveying or other relevant qualification.
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The hiring company is a highly reputable family ran business specialising in civils contracting with a workforce in excess of 900 employees. They carry out work both in the UK and Internationally; their Head office is based near Grays, Essex and the successful candidate will split their time between the office and sites typically based in London. They can provide candidates with excellent training and a fantastic working environment.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
£25k - £35k + Car Allowance
Recommend this job to a friend
and get a £500-£1000 cash reward for successful matches.Recommend a friend