Assistant Quantity SurveyorRef MAX8455 Job Posted 30/09/2018 Region South East England Location Harlow, Essex Salary Circa £25k - £32.5k + Car Allowance Salary Band Up to £59,999 TypePermanent Consultant Stuart Hackett
Due to the an increase in work a national main contractor are seeking to hire an Assistant Quantity Surveyor to be based on site at the site office in Harlow, Essex.
The successful candidate will need to have a good knowledge of the QS role and some prior experience in a supporting capacity as a Quantity Surveyor for a contractor.
The hiring company specialise in the construction of large industrial building such as warehouses and depots. These projects typically vary between £8m and £20m in value and are all on a design & build basis using JCT contract. They often comprise of a large industrial building, commercial office space and the surrounding landscaping and car park area. The specific project that this candidate will be employed on will be based in Harlow, Essex.
Responsibilities and Duties
As Assistant Quantity Surveyor on this project, your role will be to provide general commercial support to the Senior Surveyor(s). This will include carrying out some work on an independent basis as well as carrying out some tasks whilst working closely other members of the commercial team.
Typical duties will include:
- Sub-contractor management
- Managing payments
- Financial reporting
- Attending site meetings
- Assisting with the production of various reports
Desired Skills and Experience
- Candidates must have previous experience as a junior level Quantity Surveyor for a reputable contractor working to strict processes and procedures
- Whilst this is an Assistant QS role, the hiring company are very much looking for candidates that can add value to their business, therefore Candidates familiar with JCT form of contract are desired
- Ability to work to strict deadlines and deliver results in a timely fashion
- Strong communication skills
- Candidates will ideally be Degree qualified or hold a similar equivalent qualification
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The hiring company is a national main contractor with a growing turnover which was £150m last year. They operate in a very buoyant sector of construction which is industrial buildings. Providing a design and build service, they carry out new build and refurbishment projects up and down the UK on large industrial buildings. This is a fast paced and exciting sector within the construction industry.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
Circa £25k - £32.5k + Car allowance (Dependant on experience)
- Assistant Quantity Surveyor Northfleet, Kent - Circa £25k - £30k + Car Allowance
- Assistant Quantity Surveyor Heathrow Airport - Circa £25k - £35k + Car Allowance
- Assistant Quantity Surveyor Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire - Circa £25k - £30k + Car Allowance
- Assistant Quantity Surveyor Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire - Circa £25k - £30k + Car Allowance
- Assistant Quantity Surveyor Burton on Trent, Staffordshire - Circa £25k - £30k + Car Allowance
Recommend this job to a friend
and get a £500-£1000 cash reward for successful matches.Recommend a friend