Assistant Quantity Surveyor
An Assistant Quantity Surveyor is being sought by a Tier 1 Main Contractor to work on multiple school projects in Harrow and Barnet, London, with values in excess of £8,000,000. Could this be an excellent opportunity to showcase your skills?
The successful candidate will be work on multiple school projects in Harrow and Barnet, London, with values in excess of £8m. These will include both new build and refurbishment projects.
Responsibilities and Duties
As an Assistant Quantity Surveyor, you will be reporting directly to the Commercial Manager and will be expected to assist in a number of Quantity Surveying tasks including, but not limited to:
- Contract administration
- Subcontractor management
- Conducting valuations
- Conducting measurements
- Cost value reconciliations
- Change schedule management
- Variations (compensation/additional time/ additional works)
- Pricing compensation
- Client liaison management
- Preparation of claims
- Preparation of final accounts
- Issuing Interim payments certificates
Desired Skills and Experience
- Excellent communication skills - both written and verbal
- IT Literate
- Work well within a team
- Highly organised
- Experience working on educational build projects for a main contractor is an advantage, but not essential for this role
A degree or similar equivalent in quantity surveying or alternative relevant discipline is desirable, but not essential.
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The interviewing company is a market leading Main Contractor with a turnover exceeding £1bn in the UK. This is an excellent opportunity to work for a big player and to prove, and enhance your skills on Major Projects.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
£25k-£35k per annum + benefits