Assistant Quantity Surveyor
An Assistant Quantity Surveyor is being sought by a leading UK Contractor/Housebuilder to work upon a range of projects in areas such as: health, education, defence and commercial markets, in Hinckley, Leicestershire.
The successful candidate will be required to work upon a range of build projects in Leicestershire. in sectors such as: health, education, defence and commercial markets.
Responsibilities and Duties
Answerable to the project leader (Quantity Surveyor) your duties on this significant position will encapsulate the full range of the Assistant Quantity Surveyor function including:
- Assist with contract administration
- Assist with subcontractor management
- Conduct and assist with valuations
- Conduct and assist with measurement
- Assist with cost value reconciliations
- Conduct and assist with interim main contract valuations
- Assist with change schedule management
- Support with variations (compensation/ additional time/ additional works)
- Assist with Conduct and assist with pricing compensation
- Support with Client liaison management
- Assist with Preparation of claims
- Aid with Preparation of final Accounts
- Help with Issuing Interim payments certificates
Desired Skills and Experience
- Previous experience as a trainee or assistant QS in the construction industry is essential
- Excellent: communication, IT and literacy skills
- Good problem solving skills
- Highly motivated
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- GCSE (or equivalent) in Maths and English.
- HND/HNC or equivalent in Quantity Surveying, or similar relevant discipline is essential
- Degree or equivalent in Quantity Surveying, or similar relevant discipline is highly desirable, but not essential.
Employing Company Overview and Profile
My client is one of the UK's leading Housebuilding Contractors, employing over 3,000 staff across the UK. This company offers great opportunities for career progression and exciting project involvement!
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
£25k-£35k + benefits